The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are my grades able to scrape through to LSE for Law

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 999tigger
ofc but if you meet the required grades, then its are you interesting enough based on your ps, then its how you do at interview.

Thanks for your honesty , I think I will stick for LSE atm
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by highfly
Is that good bad, a lot of people may have that prediction though

A*A*A* is like the best you can get.. :wink:
Original post by 999tigger
ofc but if you meet the required grades, then its are you interesting enough based on your ps, then its how you do at interview.

LSE doesn't interview people. Not regularly anyway.

If you don't know something, don't offer your opinion. You're just like Supersaps.
Original post by Legendary Quest
A*A*A* is like the best you can get.. :wink:

It's a prediction. Everyone who applies to LSE will be predicted A*A*A* and in fact many will be predicted A*A*A*A*, or 45 777, or D1 in every subject. Again, if you don't understand law applications to the best unis, don't offer your opinion.
Original post by Jade Goodey
It's a prediction. Everyone who applies to LSE will be predicted A*A*A* and in fact many will be predicted A*A*A*A*, or 45 777, or D1 in every subject. Again, if you don't understand law applications to the best unis, don't offer your opinion.

You are trying to tell me that LSE will turn down an applicant who is predicted 3A* simply because they don't have that extra A*? Oh please. He has a strong chance of obtaining an offer provided his personal statement is good enough.

Don't pretend to be an expert, mate.
Hence what are the other things that will make you stand out?
You are trying to tell me that LSE will turn down an applicant who is predicted 3A* simply because they don't have that extra A*? Oh please. He has a strong chance of obtaining an offer provided his personal statement is good enough.

Don't pretend to be an expert, mate.

I am not saying he'll be rejected for not having A*A*A*A* prediction; I am saying that predictions mean ****. Few people will ever meet the predictions set by their college and so universities pay little mind to them, for these types of courses. If everyone is predicted A*A*A* who applies to LSE and 10–15% get offers, it stands to reason that having A*A*A* does not guarantee an offer at LSE. Basic logic.
Reply 27
I don't see how you can know your A2 predictions when you haven't even sat your AS exams yet...
I am not saying he'll be rejected for not having A*A*A*A* prediction; I am saying that predictions mean ****. Few people will ever meet the predictions set by their college and so universities pay little mind to them, for these types of courses. If everyone is predicted A*A*A* who applies to LSE and 10–15% get offers, it stands to reason that having A*A*A* does not guarantee an offer at LSE. Basic logic.

Hence why I said '...provided his personal statement is good enough' - something that would obviously include relevant work experience. Then again, he did state that he has a 'strong' personal statement (which I understand is subjective). His grades are fine and with a strong personal statement he does have a chance of getting an offer. I am not saying he will get an offer. I am saying he does have a chance, which is true.

Your initial post simply said 'he has 3A*s and others have 4 so don't offer your opinion'.
Original post by joodaa
I don't see how you can know your A2 predictions when you haven't even sat your AS exams yet...

It's his prediction. It's a 'what if...'.

Also, there's a chance he won't even have any AS results, only in-school mocks. Every school seems to be tackling the new system in their own way.
Reply 30
It's his prediction. It's a 'what if...'.

Also, there's a chance he won't even have any AS results, only in-school mocks. Every school seems to be tackling the new system in their own way.

Oh okay I understand now
Hence why I said '...provided his personal statement is good enough' - something that would obviously include relevant work experience. Then again, he did state that he has a 'strong' personal statement (which I understand is subjective). His grades are fine and with a strong personal statement he does have a chance of getting an offer. I am not saying he will get an offer. I am saying he does have a chance, which is true.

Your initial post simply said 'he has 3A*s and others have 4 so don't offer your opinion'.

You said he has A*A*A* like it was something that popped out of Narnia. "You are predicted A*A*A*. That's all I am going to say." I then explained, and so did the OP, that A*A*A* isn't special. You can try to qualify it, and mention OP's need for "relevant work experience" (which is irrelevant anyway), but you have to accept you said something stupid and you've been called out on it.

Good day to you. Have fun continuing to post on topics you don't have a clue about.
You said he has A*A*A* like it was something that popped out of Narnia. "You are predicted A*A*A*. That's all I am going to say." I then explained, and so did the OP, that A*A*A* isn't special. You can try to qualify it, and mention OP's need for "relevant work experience" (which is irrelevant anyway), but you have to accept you said something stupid and you've been called out on it.

Good day to you. Have fun continuing to post on topics you don't have a clue about.

He said: extenuating circumstances at GCSE, AAAA at AS, A*A*A* at A2, strong personal statement. And yet you are trying to call me out for stating that he has a chance of getting an offer? Did you even bother reading the OP?
He said: extenuating circumstances at GCSE, AAAA at AS, A*A*A* at A2, strong personal statement. And yet you are trying to call me out for stating that he has a chance of getting an offer? Did you even bother reading the OP?

And you said "Predicted A*A*A*. That's all I'm going to say." I have had the misfortune of reading the OP and every post in this thread. Have you even bothered to consult your own posts?
And you said "Predicted A*A*A*. That's all I'm going to say." I have had the misfortune of reading the OP and every post in this thread. Have you even bothered to consult your own posts?

I stand by what I said. 3 A* prediction alongside everything else he wrote places him in a good position.
I stand by what I said. 3 A* prediction alongside everything else he wrote places him in a good position.

You stand by what you said when what you said was that A*A*A* was the only relevant matter. That was all that was worth being talked about. You can't now claim that you meant his ECs and his summer job at Waitrose also have a role to play.
Reply 36
I'd just like some kind of guiding light, I've had to go through hell during GCSEs and nearly lost my sibling and mental illness isn't something everyone understands I doubt anyone went through what I have gone through and I'm scarred for life by it.
Original post by highfly
I'd just like some kind of guiding light, I've had to go through hell during GCSEs and nearly lost my sibling and mental illness isn't something everyone understands I doubt anyone went through what I have gone through and I'm scarred for life by it.

yeah I go to LSE, got in by extenuating circumstances for GCSEs, strong AS levels and good personal statement, I also have mental illness and the uni has been very supportive of me. My brother almost died after my exams at LSE last year (suicide attempt).

So we have quite a bit in common, I hope this gives you hope, that you can do LSE. and your GCSEs are waaaay better than mine :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by MJlover
yeah I go to LSE, got in by extenuating circumstances for GCSEs, strong AS levels and good personal statement, I also have mental illness and the uni has been very supportive of me. My brother almost died after my exams at LSE last year (suicide attempt).

So we have quite a bit in common, I hope this gives you hope, that you can do LSE. and your GCSEs are waaaay better than mine :smile:

Hi I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, and thank you for your kind words , what do you study at lse if you don't mind me asking
Original post by highfly
Hi I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, and thank you for your kind words , what do you study at lse if you don't mind me asking

I do History

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending