The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl clearing

Basically i didn’t do as well as i’d intended in my mocks- my predicted grades are ABB and im applying to UCL and LSE (alongside other Unis which im not aiming for) to study law but im worried that i wont get a place based on my year12 mock results- the grade entry requirements for both LSE and UCL are A*AA or BBB I guess my main concern is the likelihood of me receiving a place in UCL through clearing- i know LSE doesn’t go through clearing- since im certain ill achieve higher grades in my actual ALevel exams- ive read many posts in regards to UCL clearing and adjustments however people were applying for courses like Chemistry or English and since im aiming for Law i was wondering if anyone has experience or knows about the process

Thanks love u all
Reply 1
Also in regards to the LNAT exam- if there arent places available for me to sit the exam what do i do??
Im waiting for my paycheck to come through and ive just looked- spaces are filling rapidly

If i dont sit the LNAT but get an offer from UCL what will happen? Im aware that its compulsory to sit the exam for law so
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by suckurmarj123
Basically i didn’t do as well as i’d intended in my mocks- my predicted grades are ABB and im applying to UCL and LSE (alongside other Unis which im not aiming for) to study law but im worried that i wont get a place based on my year12 mock results- the grade entry requirements for both LSE and UCL are A*AA or BBB I guess my main concern is the likelihood of me receiving a place in UCL through clearing- i know LSE doesn’t go through clearing- since im certain ill achieve higher grades in my actual ALevel exams- ive read many posts in regards to UCL clearing and adjustments however people were applying for courses like Chemistry or English and since im aiming for Law i was wondering if anyone has experience or knows about the process

Thanks love u all

I'm not aware of UCL having ever participated in clearing. During covid they indicated they may have courses in clearing although I do not believe they did in the end.

The chances of a course like law will be in clearing even if UCL ever DOES participate in clearing are basically zero.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
I'm not aware of UCL having ever participated in clearing. During covid they indicated they may have courses in clearing although I do not believe they did in the end.

The chances of a course like law will be in clearing even if UCL ever DOES participate in clearing are basically zero.

So what would you do in this situation? Just settle for a mid uni? Seems like my only option but idk

Thanks for the reply princess
Original post by suckurmarj123
So what would you do in this situation? Just settle for a mid uni? Seems like my only option but idk

Thanks for the reply princess

If you are predicted ABB then UCL and LSE are not realistic options right now. So either apply to unis in the AAB-ABB range (maybe an AAA course or two if you do very well on the LNAT, as aspirational options), convince your teachers to bump up your predicted grades (which you have until the January deadline to do), or if you do better than your predicted results in your actual exams, either plan to take a gap year and reapply, or apply to other good law courses that might crop up in clearing.
Reply 5
If you are predicted ABB then UCL and LSE are not realistic options right now. So either apply to unis in the AAB-ABB range (maybe an AAA course or two if you do very well on the LNAT, as aspirational options), convince your teachers to bump up your predicted grades (which you have until the January deadline to do), or if you do better than your predicted results in your actual exams, either plan to take a gap year and reapply, or apply to other good law courses that might crop up in clearing.

Love u
If you can’t do the LNAT they will not consider your application.
What courses were in UCL Clearing this year? Apparently some courses went into clearing
Do you think EEE might go I to clearing for 2024 entry?
Original post by hfufdub466

Impossible to say as it depends on the results of the 2024 exams.

However in 2023 they didn't have any courses in clearing, (source), so it is very, very unlikely.
Original post by hfufdub466

As before UCL have not historically participated in clearing and I doubt they would start doing so any time soon. Especially for popular courses like engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending