The Student Room Group

Revision Tips anyone?

Revision tips anyone?
Motivational quotes for revising?
How long should I revise a day? How many subjects should I revise a day? I want to get 10/10 A*-A
I do edexcel Maths A, Business edexcel, English literature AQA, English Language iGCSE, OCR 21ST century triple science. French edexcel, Geography B edexcel and Religious studies edexcel
Original post by Wisdom2
Revision tips anyone?
How long should I revise a day? How many subjects should I revise a day? I want to get 10/10 A*-A
I do edexcel Maths A, Business edexcel, English literature AQA, English Language iGCSE, OCR 21ST century triple science. French edexcel, Geography B edexcel and Religious studies edexcel

Past papers and flashcards were what i used for my gcses :smile:
'If you don't build your own dreams, someone else will hire you to help build theirs' :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Past papers and flashcards were what i used for my gcses :smile:

Thanks both! How many past papers a day?
Past papers are KEY :smile:
Try memorise things.
I do 3-4 hours on school days, if i am busy then 2-3 hours.
Weekends- 6 Hours is minimum :smile: 9 hours Maximum :smile:

Bear in mind it's not the quantity but the quality :smile:
Think of the long term- that is what everyone says but it's rubbish :smile: I mean it doesnt motivate me at all.
i'd recommend doing a revision plan from now up until the end of your exams. it doesnt have to be uber detailed with hour by hour slots. Also, you want to write the units for each subject that you need to study in your timetable instead of just writing 'biology'. If you plan all your revision out, you know what you need to get done and when so you'll be less stressed as to whether or not you'll be able to cover all the content and get practice exam questions done too. Hope this helps.:burnout::burnout:
Original post by Wisdom2
Thanks both! How many past papers a day?

Depends how many hours you ve got maybe 3-4.
Depends how many hours you ve got maybe 3-4.

Btw did you use flashcards to learn all the content first then past papers, or a mixture of both?
flashcards first and then past papers :smile:
flashcards first and then past papers :smile:

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you get at GCSE?
I did my gcse's in 2011 so this is off the top of my head, I have 12 gcses above grade c and i think 6 of them were either an A or an A* and then the rest B's except for the C i got in english.
Reply 11
Thanks all!!
Original post by Wisdom2
Revision tips anyone?

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great

Quick Reply

Latest