The Student Room Group

How much revision during easter per day?

I am planning to do 9 hours you guys?

Scroll to see replies

lol for GCSE? that is 100% unnecessary.
Reply 2
Original post by nisha.sri

Do 3-5 hours. 9 hours is way too much. :redface:
Original post by Daniel9998
lol for GCSE? that is 100% unnecessary.

Why do you say that?
Original post by hassangh
Do 3-5 hours. 9 hours is way too much. :redface:

3-5 hours is what i do during school hours :smile: :smile:
7 Hours at weekends :smile:
I need my A* though
Why do you say that?

Because its GCSEs, you dont need to revise that much. If you are aiming for multiple A*s you should be aiming to do 2-3 hours a day max atm. If you need 9 hours a day to do well in your exams then your revision methods are completely wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)
Because its GCSEs, you dont need to revise that much. If you are aiming for multiple A*s you should be aiming to do 2-3 hours a day max atm. If you need 9 hours a day to do well in your exams then your revision methods are completely wrong.

I mean the more i revise the better..
are you doing your gcse's also soo many people i know revise for more than 9 hours :smile: even 10 hours
are you doing your gcse's also soo many people i know revise for more than 9 hours :smile: even 10 hours

No ive done my GCSEs, in my last year of A-levels atm. Yes true the more revision the better but 9 hours is way too much, if you need that much revision to do well in your exams then your not revising properly. I didn't do half of that and I got all A*s and As, same with everyone I knew.
Reply 8
No ive done my GCSEs, in my last year of A-levels atm. Yes true the more revision the better but 9 hours is way too much, if you need that much revision to do well in your exams then your not revising properly. I didn't do half of that and I got all A*s and As, same with everyone I knew.

Lmao exactly! Even last minute revision can end up getting you A's or A*
Reply 9

Do you have any revision tips for GCSE people? :smile:

I'm in Y12 and I'm not even doing 9 hours lmao. Well paced, well spread revision is key.

I started revising maths from December and everything else from early February.
3-5 hours is what i do during school hours :smile: :smile:
7 Hours at weekends :smile:
I need my A* though

thats a lot of hours u should be on A*'s already to be honest
but you should do what you are doing to satisfy yourself
Reply 12

quantity isn't quality, I'm doing my A-Levels and I'm only doing 3-6 max. 9 hours is unnecessary, you'll just tire your brain out, I think I managed 1-3hours, maybe less for GCSE. I hope you're taking breaks in-between as the mind cannot concentrate that long. It actually works better in spurts.

Not necessarily, You are better off doing say 3-4 hours of proper revision with regular breaks, spending time watching tv, talking to friends etc than doing 9 hours of 'revision', which for most people would in reality end up being maybe 4-5 hours of actual work in the 9 hours they are sat in front of their desk.
Original post by jamestg
I'm in Y12 and I'm not even doing 9 hours lmao. Well paced, well spread revision is key.

I started revising maths from December and everything else from early February.

I'm assuming that starting from late March, ie today, isn't well spread then :afraid:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I'm assuming that starting from late March, ie today, isn't well spread then :afraid:

You'll be fine if you understand everything and don't need to reteach yourself something.

But if you do it might be quite stressful as you'll still be getting homework :smile:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||

Not necessarily, I always start revision at easter and that works for me. Revision is a very personal thing so it's best not to pay too much attention to what other people are doing
0 hours. GCSE Art takes up all of my time.
9 hours is far too much. You're going to burn out and it's unnecessary anyway.
About 4-6 hours daily

Quick Reply

Latest