The Student Room Group

The straight and narrow path to 12A*'s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
:smile: I've worked for 5 hours but I've had few breaks so it would be about 4 hours and 15 minutes ish :smile:
How weird, I am doing organic chemistry as well and i am doing past papers on C3

No clue what C3 means (IGCSE student here) but it's a weird coincidence haha :biggrin:
Original post by Mac117
No clue what C3 means (IGCSE student here) but it's a weird coincidence haha :biggrin:

Lol C3 is organic chemistry :smile:
Lol C3 is organic chemistry :smile:

Right, I see. CIE has a different style of writing the syllabus, therefore I don't know what "B2" or "C1" means, haha. I want to finish add maths today and move on to geography, which ironically is my favourite subject to revise.

What are you revising right now/soon? I am having a pizza break rn.
Original post by Mac117
Right, I see. CIE has a different style of writing the syllabus, therefore I don't know what "B2" or "C1" means, haha. I want to finish add maths today and move on to geography, which ironically is my favourite subject to revise.

What are you revising right now/soon? I am having a pizza break rn.

I am having a break then i shall do Chemistry :smile: Hey do you want to update on what you do every evening on this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511&page=58&p=63710589#post63710589
Reply 164
Original post by Do it Right
How many hours do you work on a weekday? What time do you start?

Also, when are you going to start past papers? I don't wanna start too early as they're limited but when are you starting?

Hope you've had a good day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My hours vary. I set the tasks I want to complete for the day and then do them.

For the past two days, I have woken up at 9am and made a start after breakfast (usually 9:30am), which will probably be what I'm doing for the 2 weeks of break.

I'm hopefully starting past papers on Monday after I've written the specifications :smile:

Hope you've had a good day too. How is your revision coming along? :smile:
Reply 165
Original post by Username3097486
What subject are you on now then? :smile:
Btw...I found out what learner I am just from those notebooks
For ages I have been doing revision cards with just lines of words and no pictures to revise, and I got fairly average results

With the notebook, everything that I used diagrams for stayed in my memory.
E.g, I couldn't remember much about the carbon cycle because I just wrote words

I can remember almost everything about Darwin's theory of evolution via natural selection, just because i drew a picture of Darwin xD

So again thanks alot, using your tactic helped me to find out what I should do. I think from now on I'm gonna do visual methods. Good luck man!

I'm on Business right now, finished Biology a couple of hours ago (thank god) :biggrin:

Yeah, for me they've been really useful so far. The colour-coding has helped immensely. Glad to hear you've found your way of learning, it should come in handy in the future!

How's your revision coming along? What subject are you on currently? :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by Mac117
Haha thank you, did add maths in the afternoon and going back to more geography soon ^^

Oh, I love Add. Maths (Further Maths) :biggrin:

You're clearly working efficiently. Awesome :smile:
Reply 167
I am having a break then i shall do Chemistry :smile: Hey do you want to update on what you do every evening on this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511&page=58&p=63710589#post63710589

How's your revision been today? :smile:
Original post by Sage25
How's your revision been today? :smile:

It has been good actually got little distracted but apart from that i managed to get some notes and 4 past papers you?

I might make a thread where I update my studying schedule, to keep a track on what i've done.

Original post by Sage25
Oh, I love Add. Maths (Further Maths) You're clearly working efficiently. Awesome

I am, and it's so weird! I am sad I lost last week since I didn't revise, but I'm feeling it this week (too bad I did it a bit late, haha!).Pizza break is needed so I will therefore eat and start revising at 8pm again (I am more efficient at night, around 11pm. That's why I stay up late to revise. Today was a good day though, and I did quite a lot in the morning!
Reply 170
It has been good actually got little distracted but apart from that i managed to get some notes and 4 past papers you?

I hate being distracted haha

Got my Biology write-up finished and halfway through my Business notes.

Not starting past papers just yet but I can't wait. It will be much better than these notes haha :smile:

What were the past papers on?
Reply 171
Original post by Mac117
I might make a thread where I update my studying schedule, to keep a track on what i've done.

I am, and it's so weird! I am sad I lost last week since I didn't revise, but I'm feeling it this week (too bad I did it a bit late, haha!).Pizza break is needed so I will therefore eat and start revising at 8pm again (I am more efficient at night, around 11pm. That's why I stay up late to revise. Today was a good day though, and I did quite a lot in the morning!

I prefer morning starts haha. My brain is awake and it's light, so I feel I can work better :smile:

It sounds like you've earned the break. :smile:
Original post by Mac117

Lol ok :smile:
Your similar to me i kind off feel more efficient at night and in the mroning i would fall asleep on the table :smile:
Original post by Sage25
I hate being distracted haha

Got my Biology write-up finished and halfway through my Business notes.

Not starting past papers just yet but I can't wait. It will be much better than these notes haha :smile:

What were the past papers on?

Lol it sure is:smile:
Chemistry C3 :smile:
Water, Alcohol and etc
Original post by Sage25
I'm on Business right now, finished Biology a couple of hours ago (thank god) :biggrin:

Yeah, for me they've been really useful so far. The colour-coding has helped immensely. Glad to hear you've found your way of learning, it should come in handy in the future!

How's your revision coming along? What subject are you on currently? :smile:

I've changed my method a bit. Instead of doing 1 subject a day, im doing many each day; i think it helps me to recall more :smile:
Reply 175
Lol it sure is:smile:
Chemistry C3 :smile:
Water, Alcohol and etc

Carboxylic Acids, Esters, Ammonia?
Reply 176
Original post by Username3097486
I've changed my method a bit. Instead of doing 1 subject a day, im doing many each day; i think it helps me to recall more :smile:

Whatever works for you. :tongue:
Original post by Sage25
Carboxylic Acids, Esters, Ammonia?

Yup :smile: What are you doing at the moment or what have you done so far today?
Reply 178
Yup :smile: What are you doing at the moment or what have you done so far today?

Finished Biology and currently writing up Business. :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Finished Biology and currently writing up Business. :smile:

Great :smile: How many hours of revision are you doing during the half term every day?

Quick Reply

Latest