The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Geography 2016 Contested Planet/Geographical Research

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indigo.Brownhall
Sure! But for some reason it will not allow me to upload it :frown: so if you give me your email I can send it that way!

Indigo

Hiii,could i send you my email address so that you send me to me too??thanksss
Hi,

For Unit 4, I have a copy of this great booklet written by Cameron Dunn for guidance on writing the question for anyone who hasn't seen it- I have tried to attach it but the file is too large so if anyone wants a copy, you can message me your email address.

Also, there are loads of great resources on this website for both Unit 3 and Unit 4:
https://geographyalevelslc.wordpress.com/

and also some useful resources here: http://www.geography.org.uk/resources

and if any of your teachers have copies of some of the GA books, they are also really good- I have found the 'Emerging Superpowers: India and China' one particularly useful for the Unit 3 pre release.

Hope some of this helps!

If anyone else has any more resources, please share!
Does anyone have have question predictions for superpowers?
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
I think we're writing one at my school at the moment - when I'm finished and its marked I'll post it if anyone is interested:smile:

Hey Charlotte did you manage to finish the report? :smile:
Why does everyone do water conflicts?
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Hey Charlotte did you manage to finish the report? :smile:

Yes! Handed it in yesterday :smile:

I'll let you know what my teacher says.
Original post by johnhick98
i'm doung cultural diveersity too but im really lost, do you have any revision sources or case studies?
any help is appreacited

Research the Turks as they are a good case study but I haven't got anything yet!!!
Original post by lillyac
Hiii,could i send you my email address so that you send me to me too??thanksss

Yes of course, If you send me your email address then I will send it right away!
Yes! Handed it in yesterday :smile:

I'll let you know what my teacher says.

Okay great thank you :smile:
Original post by lillyac
Hey guys! Pre-release it out! Have your teachers given you any insight? Any helpful notes? Please share..thanks!

total freaking lifesaver!!
Does anyone else hate superspowers?!! The synoptic looks so hard I dont know what we are supposed to do or where to start I just dont understand the whole synoptic thing?? Im retaking so have no help :frown:
Original post by polarbear123
Does anyone else hate superspowers?!! The synoptic looks so hard I dont know what we are supposed to do or where to start I just dont understand the whole synoptic thing?? Im retaking so have no help :frown:

My class is making notes on the tables and information. We're also going to find out up to date information as the statistics only go back to 2014.

We've been concentrating on the superpowers economically. My teachers are thinking a question on whether china or india are economic superpowers - so I need to look up stats from EU and USA to compare.

To be honest we haven't done much
My class is making notes on the tables and information. We're also going to find out up to date information as the statistics only go back to 2014.

We've been concentrating on the superpowers economically. My teachers are thinking a question on whether china or india are economic superpowers - so I need to look up stats from EU and USA to compare.

To be honest we haven't done much

How comes you are looking to compare EU and the USA?

I found this article which compares China with the USA i'm not sure how useful it is but if you could share your notes that would be nice as I haven't been taught the superpowers topic :smile:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/07/china-us-how-superpowers-compare-datablog?CMP=share_btn_tw
Original post by polarbear123
total freaking lifesaver!!

Hey! No problem! Have anybody's teachers given any information on Section B? Desperately needing help to do research and prepare for any possible questions..
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
How comes you are looking to compare EU and the USA?

I found this article which compares China with the USA i'm not sure how useful it is but if you could share your notes that would be nice as I haven't been taught the superpowers topic :smile:

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jun/07/china-us-how-superpowers-compare-datablog?CMP=share_btn_tw

I'm not, I'm using the EU AND the USA as comparisons. I.e. remember some stats and compare them to the ones given about India and China. E.g. economic growth, or economy size.

Thanks I'll pass that onto the rest of my class as well :smile:
Reply 135
Here are notes I have gathered from various sources! I hope these are useful for anyone.
How much do you guys reckon you have to write for a 10 marker and 15 marker? I know its more dependent on quality than quantity but generally how much are you looking to write?

I was thinking possibly 1 A4 side for a 10 mark question and 2-3 sides of A4 for 15 marks? Im not sure if this is too much.
Reply 137
Original post by Tom5pence
I am doing Life on the Margins for Unit 4 :frown:

But here are the water notes!

Wow, your notes are really good! Thanks for sharing!

How is your work for unit 4 going? Any predicted questions and best case studies? Also, what would you recommend is the best framework to use for the report?
I'm doing Tectonics for unit 4 and was wondering if anyone knew of some good documentaries/videos to watch for it?
Original post by Ani25
Wow, your notes are really good! Thanks for sharing!

How is your work for unit 4 going? Any predicted questions and best case studies? Also, what would you recommend is the best framework to use for the report?

For unit 4, I am primarily just looking at the research and explore tasks given. From that, I am looking at the factors contributing to inequalities in food supply, using 1 or 2 case studies for each factor (e.g political, socio economic and environental).

I then plan to look at famine in detail, and its causes (remember that there are a range of reasons, not all are environmental e.g inappropriate farming techniques and political issues (somalia and terroism).

Then Malthus and Boserups theory and apply it to the research task given :smile:

The key for this task is that the case studies MUST represent contrasting locations.. e.g rural-urban China, national and international, as I have a feeling it will be of significance in the exam. If your case studies entail this, then you will be absoloutely fine.

DEFINITIONS ARE CRUCIAL AND NOTE WHO STATED IT e.g. UN. These are very important for introducing key points. On that note, make sure all statistics are sourced :smile:

So basically... 1) factors for food inequality (contrasting reasons/locations/scales ;economic, environmental and political)
2)Famine and contributing reasons for it.
3)Theories and projections.
I am not quite sure how it will be structured, I plan to talk to my teacher when I get back :smile:

Hope you found this helpful
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending