The Student Room Group

will it show on my certificate if i passed foundation maths but not higher?

I've passed my foundation tier maths gcse exam, however I am due to sit my higher tier next month. I'm finding higher maths extremely difficult. I was wondering if it would show that I failed higher maths on my certificate, even if i passed foundation. For example will it say I got a C in maths, or will it say I got a C in foundation and a F in higher.
Original post by partyomo
I've passed my foundation tier maths gcse exam, however I am due to sit my higher tier next month. I'm finding higher maths extremely difficult. I was wondering if it would show that I failed higher maths on my certificate, even if i passed foundation. For example will it say I got a C in maths, or will it say I got a C in foundation and a F in higher.

You should get a certificate in both, but you must submit both qualifications when applying for uni.

Since you for a C in your first attempt( assuming that's your highest grade), that grade will take precedence
Reply 2
Original post by ScienceFantatic
You should get a certificate in both, but you must submit both qualifications when applying for uni.

Since you for a C in your first attempt( assuming that's your highest grade), that grade will take precedence

Do you think this will affect my chances of getting into a uni if they see I had an F, or will they they just consider it as a C?
Do you think this will affect my chances of getting into a uni if they see I had an F, or will they they just consider it as a C?

I don't. Why are you doing the higher anyway if you think you'll get an F?
Reply 4
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I don't. Why are you doing the higher anyway if you think you'll get an F?

My school have already paid for me to sit the exam.
I don't think this will be a problem since you passed with a C. A C is fine to do A levels with because its a pass grade so that won't stop you from going to uni dont worry.
You can do this don't predict yourself so low in the higher paper its even harder to get a C in foundation so just focus on the C higher topics and you can pass easily.

Also.. I'm doing foundation math this year how did u manage to get a C. I'm struggling to even get a D in the past papers i've done! I would appreciate if you could write back to me :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by pinkrox22310
I don't think this will be a problem since you passed with a C. A C is fine to do A levels with because its a pass grade so that won't stop you from going to uni dont worry.
You can do this don't predict yourself so low in the higher paper its even harder to get a C in foundation so just focus on the C higher topics and you can pass easily.

Also.. I'm doing foundation math this year how did u manage to get a C. I'm struggling to even get a D in the past papers i've done! I would appreciate if you could write back to me :smile:

Do at least 1 past paper every week, that's all I really did. I found foundation tier pretty easy compared to higher.I'm sure you'll be fine, just do your revision and past papers. :smile:
Reply 7
bump
Reply 8

You will get a certificate for each attempt showing the grade you got for each. It won't say on the certificate that it was Foundation or Higher. You have to declare both grades if you apply for university.

Quick Reply

Latest