The Student Room Group

Higher Geography CfE 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ROC10
I'm feeling okay but I do have my weaker areas, such as Hydrosphere and Biosphere.

I hate hydrosphere, I don't think it will come up though! I find biosphere ok. I feel like everything I have learnt for geo has disappeared out my head and i think tomorrow I will just really have to cram the info in

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by molly221
I hate hydrosphere, I don't think it will come up though! I find biosphere ok. I feel like everything I have learnt for geo has disappeared out my head and i think tomorrow I will just really have to cram the info in

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate it too, however, I think it may well come up. If it does though, I think it will be a more general hydrological cycle question as opposed to a hydrographs question.

I'm really not great with Biosphere. Got any tips? Just memorising it?

And yeah I'm the same haha. Even though I know that I know the course, going through notes terrifies me at times! :biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by emma_georgia998
Posted from TSR Mobile

Freaking out tbh :'( I have English tomorrow and Human Biology on Monday so haven't spent as much time as I should have on geo.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

What would you say are your stronger/weaker areas in Geo?
Reply 63
Original post by ROC10
I hate it too, however, I think it may well come up. If it does though, I think it will be a more general hydrological cycle question as opposed to a hydrographs question.

And yeah I'm the same haha. Even though I know that I know the course, going through notes terrifies me at times! :biggrin:

You guys have to memorise the soil profiles too for biosphere for the new geo paper?
Reply 64
Original post by Yammy
You guys have to memorise the soil profiles too for biosphere for the new geo paper?

I think so but I haven't focused on that as much as the formation and processes etc.

Did you do Old Higher?
Reply 65
Original post by ROC10
I think so but I haven't focused on that as much as the formation and processes etc.

Did you do Old Higher?

Yeah we were the last bunch of the Old higher, biosphere and hydrosphere were both topics that everyone struggled with.
Original post by scottishgirl163
Im currently in 5th year doing Higher Mod and RMPS and was thinking of crashing Higher Geography next year do you think it is possible to crash it without doing it previously? Obviously I know it won't be easy, no higher is, but with hard work would it be realistic do you think?

Geography is simply common sense, at least in my opinion it is, there were many people in my class last year who managed to at the very least pass the exam with most getting at least a B.

I would by no means say that it will be completely easy as I know from experiencing crash higher mod studs last year and crash RE this year that it isn't easy but I must have done something right if I managed to get an A in mod studs last year
Original post by ROC10

I guess you have diagrams for biosphere? Best just copying them out again and memorising them
I know how you guys all feel I was in your your place last year and it was horrible, I felt so much pressure to achieve the grades I needed especially in geography as it is what I want to study at uni. But, just remember you have covered everything and a surprising amount of geography is common sense. good luck tomorrow guys, id love to say that I'll be thinking of you but I'll probs be stressing about my advanced higher. But yeah, GOOD LUCK!!
Starting to feel pretty stressed now despite the fact that I've revised everything and I'm just going over things today. I got an A in the prelim, but I keep on worrying that something is just going to go wrong haha.

Also, do you need to know about the question in the picture? image.jpg
Reply 70
Original post by ashleymacleod
Starting to feel pretty stressed now despite the fact that I've revised everything and I'm just going over things today. I got an A in the prelim, but I keep on worrying that something is just going to go wrong haha.

Also, do you need to know about the question in the picture? image.jpg

For that question, I'm sure you'd use the diagram showing how the tropics and poles receive differing levels of insolation and explain the reasons (surface area, thickness of atmosphere, seasonal tilt, albedo, etc.).

Not sure if they'd ever ask it like that though.

EDIT: You probably wouldn't be expected to mention reasons since it's a 'describe' question.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by kblack244
I know how you guys all feel I was in your your place last year and it was horrible, I felt so much pressure to achieve the grades I needed especially in geography as it is what I want to study at uni. But, just remember you have covered everything and a surprising amount of geography is common sense. good luck tomorrow guys, id love to say that I'll be thinking of you but I'll probs be stressing about my advanced higher. But yeah, GOOD LUCK!!

Thank you and good luck with AH! :wink:
Original post by ROC10

Yeah if it does come up it will be that! I would prefer if it was atmosphere though! Do you think glaciation will come up??
I don't have any tips apart from sitting down with your notes and memorising it!

I think I am screwed for this exam, I thought I knew most of the stuff I learnt last week but I can't even remember a single bit of it and I have studied x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you need to know the percentages for global heat budget?
Original post by ROC10

Have you heard of CROP V?
Original post by Mystery.

No you don't 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76

Yes
Reply 77
Have you heard of CROP V?

What's that? :s-smilie:
Can someone explain atmospheric circulation?
Original post by ROC10
Yes

Original post by molly221
No you don't 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending