The Student Room Group

BBC says it is too Christian and must diversify.

The BBC is too Christian in its religious output, according to an internal review, and should increase its Muslim, Hindu and Sikh programming.

Lord Hall, the director-general, is considering findings that show there is a disproportionate amount of programming by the corporation on Christian matters compared with other faiths.

Aaqil Ahmed, the BBC’s head of religion and ethics, told a Commons meeting on religious literacy he had written a report for Hall that would answer criticisms from non-Christian faiths that they were underserved.

The BBC’s religious output ranges from Songs of Praise, Sunday Morning Live and The Life of Muhammad

Read More:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-says-it-is-too-christian-and-must-diversify-mvg7lh6t2
Original post by Truth2u

The BBC’s religious output ranges from Songs of Praise, Sunday Morning Live and The Life of Muhammad

Read More:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-says-it-is-too-christian-and-must-diversify-mvg7lh6t2

I wonder if they focus on the murders and child abuse.
Diversity is only needed when there are no white people left, and you let these racists call you the extremists?
I disagree with this- if anything the BBC is too atheist and anti-religion in its coverage. I would welcome the return of a religious service on Sundays, recognising that sometimes there would be a service from another faith on another day to recognise the number of people of other faiths, even though Christians are the majority of people in this country.
Wow so serious. I want more flying spaghetti monster stuff on BBC tho
If a Muslim, Hindu or Sikh is better at the job then the Christian should be replaced, but if they are not then the quality of viewing will be lowered. The BBC should take on whoever is better at the job - if that makes all of their employees Christian, Sikh, Muslim, Hindu or any other religion then so be it. Although, in this case people should still be able to view programmes on their own religions- hire people that won't make it biased to their own religion of course.

Anyway, I think the main problem is corruption and political bias.
Reply 6
I would love the BBC to cover islam more, just start with the pew research worldwide survey on what muslims really think.
Reply 7
Original post by TheHerminator3
If a Muslim, Hindu or Sikh is better at the job then the Christian should be replaced, but if they are not then the quality of viewing will be lowered. The BBC should take on whoever is better at the job - if that makes all of their employees Christian, Sikh, Muslim, Hindu or any other religion then so be it. Although, in this case people should still be able to view programmes on their own religions- hire people that won't make it biased to their own religion of course.

Anyway, I think the main problem is corruption and political bias.

They're not talking about employees you cretin.
Original post by Wellzi
They're not talking about employees you cretin.

Yep I am a cretin. But I still included a small bit on the programmes at least.
Too christian. No way.
Too Christian? There's bugger all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending