The Student Room Group

Christianity

Hey ..
I'm in Y10 and I have my AQA GCSE RS PAPER 1 : CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM EXAM TOMORROW..
Just a quick question
"For Christians, what the Bible says about creation is true"?
I had this question for my mock and got 12/12, here's an essay plan butI don't remeber the exact essay I wroe:

Against:
-Some Believe Bible isn't scientifically correct & should be taken metaphorically as a story demonstrating God's power. 'God set the earth on it's foundation, it cannot be moved' This is incorrect as we know earth orbits sun, showing bible is scientifically incorrect there fore creation story not sci-fi accurate. Eval; Weak argument, science which contradicts christianity is a test from God
-The story of creation & The Big bang theory work hand in hand. In both ideas the creation of the world starts off with light, suggesting that God caused the Big Bang theory to create world as everything has a cause and that cause is god (cosmological argument).
For:
-God is omnipotent, 'God commanded let their be light and light appeared' shows God created the world as his commandments let to the formation of the world. Strong argument as there is no other being powerful enough to create world other than God so God must have created it
- God is able to do anything and has no restriction including making the world from exnihilo. 'nothing is impossible with God' thus creation story true as god's creation has no limits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending