The Student Room Group

BBC journalism fast track apprenticeship 2023 Application

Has anyone heard back from bbc yet regarding this role?
I got through to the video interview stage and now I feel like I’ve waited ages for a response😩

Btw I applied for the London base
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by philomaisy
I got through to the video interview stage and now I feel like I’ve waited ages for a response😩

Hey, I've also applied for this apprenticeship. I think they said that they'd be getting back at the end of April so I'm presuming that this will be the towards the end of the final week of this month. It seems like lots of people have applied for the production apprenticeship, but I haven't found many people also applying for journalism! Bit worried about the next stage if i do get through!
Reply 2
Original post by lollipop888
Hey, I've also applied for this apprenticeship. I think they said that they'd be getting back at the end of April so I'm presuming that this will be the towards the end of the final week of this month. It seems like lots of people have applied for the production apprenticeship, but I haven't found many people also applying for journalism! Bit worried about the next stage if i do get through!

Wow, they’re taking ages isn’t it😩

There’s more discussion about production assessment centre. But I feel abit at ease now knowing they’re still shortlisting candidates for fast track journalism.

But what exactly about the next stage are you worried about? If you don’t mind me asking

Hi!

I applied for Birmingham, also no email yet.

What was your interview like? The time limit really caught me off guard - I was expecting a 3 minute window so had to use both retries.

I reviewed the BBC News TikTok account for Q1 and spoke about tech reviews in Q2.
Hi , also replied for journalism in Birmingham and have not received anything. It’s put me at ease knowing everyone is in the same position but it’s making me nervous not knowing what I’ll be doing after alevels when all of my friends are talking about uni. Have u applied for anywhere else or is this ur only option?
(edited 1 year ago)
they’ve mentioned a few times about the next stage being reviewing a local news story and i’m just a bit worried about how in depth i’ll have to talk about it, so mostly practicalities. also with a levels so soon i’m quite exhausted! my local area is a bit boring so it’s just making finding something i’m passionate about which is local
Wow, they’re taking ages isn’t it😩

There’s more discussion about production assessment centre. But I feel abit at ease now knowing they’re still shortlisting candidates for fast track journalism.

But what exactly about the next stage are you worried about? If you don’t mind me asking
they’ve mentioned a few times about the next stage being reviewing a local news story and i’m just a bit worried about how in depth i’ll have to talk about it, so mostly practicalities. also with a levels so soon i’m quite exhausted! my local area is a bit boring so it’s just making finding something i’m passionate about which is local

My theory is they will ask us to create and pitch a 1 minute TikTok video. With the whole ‘digital-first’ initiative it fits into the BBC remit while theoretically appealing to new, younger journalists.

The social media oriented questions in the interview would make sense in retrospect.
Hey! did anyone else make it through to the final round?
Hey! did anyone else make it through to the final round?

Hey :smile: Yeah, I did too. What location are you going for?
Original post by Jsmith142
Hey :smile: Yeah, I did too. What location are you going for?

Awesome, well done! I've applied to London, what about you?
Awesome, well done! I've applied to London, what about you?

Birmingham. We have to make a 45-90 second video about a local news story - assuming it’s the same for you?
Birmingham. We have to make a 45-90 second video about a local news story - assuming it’s the same for you?

yes same here- i’ve been planning it today and feeling excited but nervous! unsure how much it has to be based on a real news story so kind of just following what will engage me the most and really enjoying that! good luck!
Reply 12
yes same here- i’ve been planning it today and feeling excited but nervous! unsure how much it has to be based on a real news story so kind of just following what will engage me the most and really enjoying that! good luck!

How did your video go?

I have an introductory session and interview tomorrow - getting nervous. Not sure if it’s the same for London but I also have a to-be-disclosed-on-the-day group activity on Thursday.

Good luck with your assessments!
How did your video go?

I have an introductory session and interview tomorrow - getting nervous. Not sure if it’s the same for London but I also have a to-be-disclosed-on-the-day group activity on Thursday.

Good luck with your assessments!

hey! my video was okay, not as good as i would have liked it to be but i’m looking forwards to talking about it in the interview to show myself to be a bit less nervous haha. i’ve got the welcome talk tomorrow too and i’m looking forwards to finding out what they have to say. my group session is also tomorrow so i can let you know how it goes! good luck on your interview, i’m sure it’ll go well!
Reply 14
Hello, how did your group session go? I’m SO anxious about it, mines tomorrow! What kind of things did you have to do?
Reply 15
Original post by calirewatts
Hello, how did your group session go? I’m SO anxious about it, mines tomorrow! What kind of things did you have to do?

Same here! Good luck today!
Original post by calirewatts

hey!! it was very okay- i was also so anxious but it was all good!! we went off into small groups from the main amount of people on the call (groups of maybe 7ish i think) and then they gave us a task. my laptop as being a pain and the camera didn’t work but i recommend having one as it’s nice to have for googling/ making notes/ putting the task up on a bigger screen. good luck today, you will be fine! everyone spoke in the group even though zoom is really awkward to speak through as it’s easy to talk over others. hope it goes well!!
Reply 17
hey!! it was very okay- i was also so anxious but it was all good!! we went off into small groups from the main amount of people on the call (groups of maybe 7ish i think) and then they gave us a task. my laptop as being a pain and the camera didn’t work but i recommend having one as it’s nice to have for googling/ making notes/ putting the task up on a bigger screen. good luck today, you will be fine! everyone spoke in the group even though zoom is really awkward to speak through as it’s easy to talk over others. hope it goes well!!

Thank You!! So glad it went well for you, wish you all the best with your interview!!
Reply 18
Did anyone else do their interview yesterday? Maybe it varies by location.
Reply 19
Mine is in Salford and not until late next week. Fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending