The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
I did Carlisle and Bangladesh, that's alright right??
Original post by EllieMcMinn
Right... for the Social Welfare 15 mark question, I wrote about Brazilian Favelas and compared them to the UK and how our healthcare is much greater and how we have better housing and education rather than in slums with poor sanitation and houses made out of scrap metal etc. I tried to compare a slum to a MEDC as I felt that the rest of the population paper radiated from the development of countries... Did I just grab the wrong end of the stick? The lower band is 1-6 out of 15 so I should at least get some marks for something, right?

2 settlements bro, so two parts of a city -__----
Original post by zar16
What did you guys write for the energy fifteen mark question??

What u write, i wrote basically theirs only potential in MEDC where they can balance renewables and non renewables, then not LEDC burkina faso and middle east Oil??? WBu??????
For rivers what did people put for the picture? I said rapids, waterfall and potholes. Also in cold environments what did people say for how frost shattering influences glacial landforms? I just talked about steepening corrie back walls and in arêtes and pyramidal peaks but I wasn't sure what to put. also for the 15 mark Antarctica did people mention tourism/fishing/sealing?
Original post by zar16

did the exact same :smile:
Original post by zar16

yea that's fine. I did Bangladesh and Gloucestershire floods of 2007
non-official mark scheme?
Reply 547
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
What u write, i wrote basically theirs only potential in MEDC where they can balance renewables and non renewables, then not LEDC burkina faso and middle east Oil??? WBu??????

I wrote about the different types of sustainable energy, (production) and how it can be used in homes/workplaces with reference to the city of Calgary in Canada and in transport so hydrogen powered buses, electric cars and vehicles that don't require energy (ie) bikes. (Consumption)
We should focus on skills now does anyone have any predictions ??
did u write geog1 on paper reference on extra paper
Original post by SSAA9
Is obesity a non communicable disease?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Reply 551
Original post by geographygenius2

Also on my healthy diet meat only i was able to train my mucles to write 90 words a minute.
V/\

What can you explain this please, are you being serious. What speccifically was your diet.
Original post by ArbinderSingh98
Ah man i think thats coastal flooding japan, it wanted river flooding :frown: did boscastle and Bangladesh

That's what I mean, I know it was in the river section but it didn't specifically ask for river flooding, just asked for the impacts of flooding so I'm not sure
Original post by sophie1212
For rivers what did people put for the picture? I said rapids, waterfall and potholes. Also in cold environments what did people say for how frost shattering influences glacial landforms? I just talked about steepening corrie back walls and in arêtes and pyramidal peaks but I wasn't sure what to put. also for the 15 mark Antarctica did people mention tourism/fishing/sealing?

yes
Any ideas for that 15 marker in food supply?
Reply 555
Original post by Sacred Ground
Yes

Ahh thank godddd! I thought I did my 15 marker wrong😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 556
I missed the first 2 qs on potholes and waterfalls!!!! Didnt see the qs. Where were they???! Cant understand how i didnt see them. Did anyone else not see them?
Reply 557
Elderly people - UK
They may rely on "meals on wheels"
I wrote about both MEDCs and LEDCs on this question
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 558
What did everyone write for the 15 marker in the Cold Environment section?
Also, can someone please help me with the question regarding meltwater channels and the question on frost shattering.

Thanks
For the Cold Environments question on frost shattering (how frost shattering influences landforms) what did people write?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending