The Student Room Group

Core 1 Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheProKi
Ffs how is k=41/8? i got 29/4??? if i got this wrong this means i got the whole flipping question wrong wtf.....!!! thats like 9 marks down the drain you cnt be srs.

Do u rememb what the total mark was for that question?
Original post by vickt_1998
So EASY!

Same I actually found it pretty easy haha. Definitely boosted my morale loads for the other papers
Original post by jonny5263
When do the model answers get released give or take ?????

:smile:
anyone?
Guys for question 10 (i think the quadrilateral question) i subbed in the value of p in the equation and got R as 10/3 when is should have subbed in Q. Does that mean i lose all 12 marks for that questions or well i get any error carried forward marks?
Original post by Shmadm
From not answering questions fully I reckon I lost 4/5 marks. The rest of the questions I got the same answers as my year and I'm fairly certain they were right. Unless I somehow lost 7 marks I'm hoping for the A bracket

What do you reckon grade boundaries are going to be
Original post by nikhilksite
3 marks for all correct answers so if you didn't work out the y values you would only lose 1 -2 marks

Yeah I got the x values fine just completely forgot about subbing back in :frown:
Original post by vickt_1998
So EASY!

What mark are you aiming for? I'm quite sure I'm looking at a full mark (80 is it?)
Original post by Namita Gurung
Legit this is me.

Ikr grade boundaries better be low
Can someone tell me what the K question was I don't remember the question not what I put down
The reason it's so hard is because all the people who've done C3 and C4 are resitting at the same time as us and not at a different time. This means that they need to make it harder to accommodate for that. If you look at the grade boundaries last year they went up and the 2015 paper was way harder than the 2014 paper. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad but my cynicism is telling me that the boundaries might actually go up. How in the hell am I gonna get onto a computer science course with this?
Psst... I'm 27
Original post by Oscarchow
How old was John on the last question? I found 27 years but not sure, it was a f******g hard paper

Youre correct
Original post by Hasanalm
Me too m8, devastated.

They didn't say on the front cover how many questions there were in total this year either did they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 133
Original post by rosemondtan
What mark are you aiming for? I'm quite sure I'm looking at a full mark (80 is it?)

If you got 100% you get 100 ums but if you've got whatever the first A raw mark is that's 80 ums and increases the more into an A you get
Reply 134
Original post by Michaelj99
I got 54 for area of quadrilateral :s-smilie:ejgnaelkrjg looks like its 54 and a third

Oh no! I got 55 and a fraction I think.. another mark lost for me
Ffs, if you get a D in this what do you need in the other papers for an B overall, anyone?
Thanks edexcel now I have no chance of going to UCL.
Reply 137
Original post by TheProKi
Ffs how is k=41/8? i got 29/4??? if i got this wrong this means i got the whole flipping question wrong wtf.....!!! thats like 9 marks down the drain you cnt be srs.

Same with me, stupid mistake, you had to make the dy/dx = 17/2 because the gradient of the other equation was the same. Then you'd get k right.

I'm wondering if errors like that are carried forward ?
In fairness I suspect they will give tons of method marks in this paper. They may be trying to screw with us this year but they can't take away the fact that we know our ****. Giving us massive top heavy fractions like the ones in the paper is just a way of edexcel saying 'this, Is the start of the hell known as core 1.'
Reply 139
Yeah but I got an unsimplefied fraction... Mine was 815/15

Quick Reply

Latest