The Student Room Group

Chemistry C1 C2 C3 OCR 21st Century, 19th May 2016

What are your thoughts on the Chemistry GCSE on the 19th of May?

Any speculations on the type of questions they'll focus on?
I'm really happy with how it went, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean that grade boundaries will be too high.

How did you find it?
Reply 2
Original post by RosieBee37
I'm really happy with how it went, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean that grade boundaries will be too high.

How did you find it?

I also really liked the exam. Most people in my school did so I'm expecting the grade boundaries to be pretty high unfortunately (48-50+ perhaps).

The only question I really struggled on was filling in the table at the back with standard form.

Which part did you have difficulties in? :smile:
I really enjoyed the exam. The only question that I had to properly think on was the standard form at the back !!
The exam was a walk in the park. The only two questions that for some reason I didn't get was the Solution Mining Question and the Mathematics Chlorine Table Question.
Original post by Deliciate
I also really liked the exam. Most people in my school did so I'm expecting the grade boundaries to be pretty high unfortunately (48-50+ perhaps).

The only question I really struggled on was filling in the table at the back with standard form.

Which part did you have difficulties in? :smile:

Me too! It was such an odd question but I guessed the answer as logically as I could so hopefully I may have scraped at least one mark.

I also had a complete mind blank on how a plasticiser makes something more flexible which I'm so angry about as I knew the answer! But oh well :smile:
I was expecting something along the lines of the biology paper (obscure) so it was a welcome surprise!
Reply 7
Original post by emmald583
I was expecting something along the lines of the biology paper (obscure) so it was a welcome surprise!

Yes, I'm happy it wasn't as difficult as the biology exam. What I really liked about the exam is how content based it was. If you revised you will get a good result. They didn't try to trick us with some oddly worded questions. It was predominantly a data interpretation exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending