The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

So? Feelings on it? I personally found it pretty good! But I wasn't too sure on the first question. I wrote about meanders, steep valleys and tributaries.
I think it went ok
That was easy paper. I am expecting high grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it went pretty well, apart from the first question. I'm just so glad it was rivers!
Reply 944
The first Q about the characteristics was wierd?? I was confused how it was meandering just steep sides? So said it was in the upper/middle course haha!
Then on the Field Work section i found the question with the bullet points wierd?? I think it was about the importance of risk assesment and sampling on field work or something?? I thought this was wierd because it wasnt really asking for the risks involved in the study but was more "why was completing a risk assement important?" Approach. Hope i answered it right? I put risk assesment is importnt so no body is injured and gave an example of wearing boots around the river etc. Then for the sampleing i said what sampling technique we used and why it was important eg to make it more reliable etc??
Original post by WillA00
So? Feelings on it? I personally found it pretty good! But I wasn't too sure on the first question. I wrote about meanders, steep valleys and tributaries.

It went pretty good :smile: Though i agree with you on the first question - i had to leave it till last! The only annoying thing was having to wait untill 2:30 to leave thr exam hall when the exam finished at 1!
Very easy (I hope), better than my mock I think! (I got a U)
What did everyone get for the spearmans rank question, I got something like 0.832 (I can't remember exactly)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the first question on extreme weather? I think I may have answered it wrong
Original post by emilyshingfield1
What did everyone get for the spearmans rank question, I got something like 0.832 (I can't remember exactly)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same but it was to 2 d.p so it was 0.83
I got that but it asked for 2 decimal places only
I think it was pretty good! Only thing I didn't really like was the first question 🙄. And I feel like I made a few silly mistakes , but overall the paper was good!
Ok well the exam went all right I guess :smile: Questions were a little weird but, I think I managed to answer them ok. For the first question I talked about the meander, the neck of the meander, the valley sides, and the tributaries. For the spearman's rank i got 0.83 I think but I had no clue what to put for the critical values question lol
How did everyone else find it?
did you have to use specific grid references in the first question? i completely forgot to do that :frown: i thought the rest of the paper was pretty good though, spearman's rank and the sketch map were brill, defo made up for geog1
Can I get marks for using spearmans rank as my method of presentation?
Original post by melinalouise
did you have to use specific grid references in the first question? i completely forgot to do that :frown: i thought the rest of the paper was pretty good though, spearman's rank and the sketch map were brill, defo made up for geog1

Yeah you prob should have used grid references to show examiner that you used the map :smile: you'll prob only drop a few marks tho
Original post by MadHannah23
Ok well the exam went all right I guess :smile: Questions were a little weird but, I think I managed to answer them ok. For the first question I talked about the meander, the neck of the meander, the valley sides, and the tributaries. For the spearman's rank i got 0.83 I think but I had no clue what to put for the critical values question lol
How did everyone else find it?

i just put that the rs value was above the critical value, it is 99% significant, and it not due to chance, so the null hypothesis can be rejected and the experimental hypothesis can be accepted
What did everyone put for the risk assessment question?
For the Spearman's rank, I forgot to put the 1- before the equation. Will I get some marks or none at all?
Did we have to do a conclusion for the last question because it said 'how far'? I completely forgot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending