The Student Room Group

can i get rest breaks in my exams if i press down hard on the paper while i write?

whenever i write anything i always press down hard on the paper and within 5-10 mins my hand starts hurting like hell. do you think i need it?
Original post by Kobisha
whenever i write anything i always press down hard on the paper and within 5-10 mins my hand starts hurting like hell. do you think i need it?

I don't think they'll give you extra time for that.
I press down the pen down quite hard on the paper in all my exams and I just persevere through it.

You should try to relieve the pressure when you write, or if you think you have enough time in the exam, you can take like a minute to stop writing when your hand hurts.
Reply 2
If you use a fountain pen, it will teach to to write with much less pressure.
Reply 3
Original post by Laurie_H
If you use a fountain pen, it will teach to to write with much less pressure.

i have tried using a fountain pen a couple of years ago but my writing is a bit big but also stretched out so i find it a bit hard

i already get extra time in my exams otherwise i would have failed my gcses but sometimes i still dont finish essays because my hands end up cramping really fast
Reply 4
Original post by Kobisha
i have tried using a fountain pen a couple of years ago but my writing is a bit big but also stretched out so i find it a bit hard

i already get extra time in my exams otherwise i would have failed my gcses but sometimes i still dont finish essays because my hands end up cramping really fast

Maybe next year you could apply to use a word processor in any exams that require extended writing? Otherwise, the best advice I can give is to practice writing with a mechanical pencil without snapping the lead, until your hand is more relaxed and you don't put as much pressure on the page.
Original post by Kobisha

Original post by Kobisha

There's no chance you'll get extra time for that, especially as you already have extra time - there will be a limit to how much extra time you can get, and you may well have already reached it. It's generally not a legitimate reason, so your best hope is to request to type exams.
Reply 6
Original post by Kobisha

No. This is not a medical condition, you just need to learn not to.

Quick Reply

Latest