The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
Somewhere in Leeds, a young man called Luke is smiling right now

I'm actually at my sister's in Castleford right now because my Dad is a tool.

Wanted to be home 2 hours ago but he's been drinking and won't leave.
Reply 4761
Original post by Lúcio
I'm actually at my sister's in Castleford right now because my Dad is a tool.

Wanted to be home 2 hours ago but he's been drinking and won't leave.

Strong Irish Genes
Didn't deny the second part :redface:
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Strong Irish Genes

I don't drink with family.
Original post by Lúcio
Yeah, there are certain patterns to people's play. If Difeo has the ball and is on the dribble, no need to make a run because the ball won't be getting passed. If Rk has a free kick from any difference, no need to be in the box because he's going to shoot.

That's exactly how it should be - pass when it's more likely we'll score if you do, but keep the ball if you can score yourself. I have absolutely no problem with that, I just get pissed when I'm completely open and through on goal but somebody doesn't pass and gets tackled. I just hate wasted opportunities, especially when if the positions were reversed I'd pass every single time.

I'm certainly not the worst. Not the best either but I'm consistent at scoring and that's what you need.

strong bs exaggeration
Original post by difeo
strong bs exaggeration

You know it's true

Anyone up for late night clubs at 12:30?
Original post by Lúcio
You know it's true

Anyone up for late night clubs at 12:30?

About 24 hours ago you were praising my dribbling and saying I create goals out of nowhere, 2 bad games (because they were meaningless) later and it's terrible and I never pass!!

Possibly, I was meant to be going out at 11 but it's probably not happening now
Original post by difeo
strong bs exaggeration

He does have a point tbh, I tend to give up running into the box when you start dribbling past all the players because you are highly unlikely to pass. You do score a few times but it does become wasteful. I don't complain though because you bail us out in the end lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Shots
Original post by difeo
About 24 hours ago you were praising my dribbling and saying I create goals out of nowhere, 2 bad games (because they were meaningless) later and it's terrible and I never pass!!

Possibly, I was meant to be going out at 11 but it's probably not happening now

As Samir said, it's a bit hot and cold.
Sometimes you score really well but often I just find it wasteful.

I think you need to weigh up the times you score verses the times you don't and consider if on balance it would be more beneficial to the team to pass more often. Most of the time I'll be in a better position but I also understand sometimes you want to go on a run. You have a good mix when it's just us two but it's almost like you need to show off when there's an audience of several.

Well I'll be on PS4 at 12:30 regardless so if people are around we can have some games :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
#difeoroast2k16
Reply 4771
Original post by samir12
He does have a point tbh, I tend to give up running into the box when you start dribbling past all the players because you are highly unlikely to pass. You do score a few times but it does become wasteful. I don't complain though because you bail us out in the end lol.

Meh I still run.

Original post by difeo
#difeoroast2k16

Difeo I score from two avenues, rebound goal tap ins and goals from outside the box.

Guess which one you are responsible for?
(edited 7 years ago)
Meh I still run.

Difeo I score from two avenues, rebound goal tap ins and goals from outside the box.

My stamina is **** so I want to conserve and not risk pulling a hammy xD
My favourite part is every game where he goes past 6 players and shoots straight at the keeper.
Reply 4774
Original post by samir12
My stamina is **** so I want to conserve and not risk pulling a hammy xD

Same so I use second wind.
I would love to dribble like Difeo though, would rek so many of my friends and cousins at FIFA.
Original post by samir12
Original post by Lúcio
As Samir said, it's a bit hot and cold.Sometimes you score really well but often I just find it wasteful.I think you need to weigh up the times you score verses the times you don't and consider if on balance it would be more beneficial to the team to pass more often. Most of the time I'll be in a better position but I also understand sometimes you want to go on a run. You have a good mix when it's just us two but it's almost like you need to show off when there's an audience of several.Well I'll be on PS4 at 12:30 regardless so if people are around we can have some games :smile:

Ok soz, will improve
Original post by Lúcio
You have a good mix when it's just us two but it's almost like you need to show off when there's an audience of several.

That desperate need for approval though

Meh I still run.

Both
Same so I use second wind.

Same. A lot of people don't know how it works though - you only get a stamina boost if you're losing at any point after 75 mins. We equalised at 74:40 last time out and I was actually a little disappointed...

It's really useful for a ST making runs for an equaliser, but since Difeo never passes it doesn't really matter :wink:
Original post by samir12
I would love to dribble like Difeo though, would rek so many of my friends and cousins at FIFA.

Tbh if I could dribble like Difeo I'd be unstoppable. Like I've been saying, that's why this club is so good though - everybody has a distinct speciality so each player is useful in their own way.
Original post by Lúcio
Same. A lot of people don't know how it works though - you only get a stamina boost if you're losing at any point after 75 mins. We equalised at 74:40 last time out and I was actually a little disappointed...

It's really useful for a ST making runs for an equaliser, but since Difeo never passes it doesn't really matter :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest