The Student Room Group

AS English Literature AQA (B) - Aspects of Tragedy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chris-Graham
I'm very appreciative :O I just wasn't sure what it was that's all, I'm a bit stupid ahah

Aha no worries I'm just annoyed at that other guy! I can send you my notes on there or email or whatever really, I don't mind:smile:
Original post by sammymiller
Um no. 1) I'm female so that would be 'she'
2) no. I was actually just trying to help someone who was struggling with English literature because I enjoy it and I want to go into teaching to help educate people. But obviously you can't understand the idea of helping someone because you assume all anyone wants to do is "****". But that says more about you than me.
PS. I use Kik a lot to talk to my friends and help people with school work - I guess it's only you who uses it to "****".

Kik is renowned for that sort of thing. :wink:
Aha no worries I'm just annoyed at that other guy! I can send you my notes on there or email or whatever really, I don't mind:smile:

Thank you! We could just PM on here if you want??
Could you help me with Keats at all?? I'm actually DYING. We could compare notes??

Sure, what do you need help with?
Original post by mindfulLA
Sure, what do you need help with?

Tbh EVERYTHING :wink: But the bit I'm most stuck with are Keats' poems, and learning quotes for the others. DO you have any notes or advice?? I would be very grateful for anything :tongue:
Tbh EVERYTHING :wink: But the bit I'm most stuck with are Keats' poems, and learning quotes for the others. DO you have any notes or advice?? I would be very grateful for anything :tongue:

For keats, i found it was good to read over summaries for each poem and pick out key quotations which are significant (because they relate to an aspect of tragedy or show a key point of the storyline) . That way you directly hit AO4. You could relate the quote to who is presemted as a tragic hero, villain and victim.
For AO5 you could write about how for example, Lycius in Lamia is presented as both a tragic hero and victim, so boundaries are blurred between roles. Its about having two or more interpretations, so it could also be good to do for and against a certain viewpoint.
For AO3 you could research Keats and Romanticism and link it to key points of each poem (e.g. imagination is presented as a way to escape reality, or is presented as dangerous )
I put mine into a table which i have for each poem and also analysed it, looking at language and structure for AO2.
AO1 is best achieved by knowing the text well so your writing is detailed.

Hope that helps :smile:

And for learning quotes, pick the most sigmificant quotes by highlighting them in your text or writing them. This takes a while lol, but is worth it.
To learn them you could rewrite them over and over again, record quotes and listen to them back, etc
And for learning quotes, pick the most sigmificant quotes by highlighting them in your text or writing them. This takes a while lol, but is worth it.
To learn them you could rewrite them over and over again, record quotes and listen to them back, etc

Thank you! How many will you learn per text?
I'm really enjoying them, however for the exam I'm a bit scared for Death of a Salesman just because we need to memorise quotes and I feel like I've forgotten a bit of what we've learned lol

death of a salesman quotes are just the worst i hate not having an extract to fall back upon !!
Thank you! How many will you learn per text?

it may sound like a lot but i would say you need to learn 50+ for each text they can be short such as "the woods are burning" if you study death of salesman they may be short but hold great significance
Original post by bethanylunn1999
it may sound like a lot but i would say you need to learn 50+ for each text they can be short such as "the woods are burning" if you study death of salesman they may be short but hold great significance

WTAF omg crying I know about three in fact probably not even that
Original post by bethanylunn1999

I agree ^
WTAF omg crying I know about three in fact probably not even that

I suggest you write the quotes on post it notes and stick them around the room, i also think you would be surprised about how many you know already. some quotes will just stick with you
I'm doing Keats too - happy to share notes :smile:

oculd we share notes please?
hey!

im studying Gatsby and Keats - does anyone have relevant critics for Keats which could fit into any given question?
I have some for Gatsby if anyone is after those :smile:

thanks!!

G x
Original post by georgiahjohnson
hey!

im studying Gatsby and Keats - does anyone have relevant critics for Keats which could fit into any given question?
I have some for Gatsby if anyone is after those :smile:

thanks!!

G x

Can I have your Gatsby ones??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll give you my Keats stuff??

yeah that would be great!

Could i also get your Keats noted please?
Original post by georgiahjohnson
yeah that would be great!

Original post by samsun12345
Could i also get your Keats noted please?

Kk but I've only done the Belle Dame and that Isabella bs thing
Kk but I've only done the Belle Dame and that Isabella bs thing

'Isabella bs thing' lolll.
Anything is helpful at this moment, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending