Scroll to see replies

No. You should have had something like

0.5(r^2)(2.15) = 0.5(r^2)(pi-2.15) + 26

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PedanticStudent
No. You should have had something like

0.5(r^2)(2.15) = 0.5(r^2)(pi-2.15) + 26

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got to that part, what happens next?
Original post by kearnsey98
Yeah I got to that part, what happens next?

Rearrange the equation to get 0.5792...r^2 = 26

Then r^2 = 26/0.5792

R = 6.6999

Therefore r = 6.7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rearrange the equation to get 0.5792...r^2 = 26

Then r^2 = 26/0.5792

R = 6.6999

Therefore r = 6.7

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I had the same bro!
Good job. Did you struggle with anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elliottmanwaring
Yeah I had the same bro!

I had that, well done ma boy
can someone tell me how they did the laps question because i got a stupidly big number. I was doing sn=750/2 (2(6) + 749(2)
Original post by tinadehban
can someone tell me how they did the laps question because i got a stupidly big number. I was doing sn=750/2 (2(6) + 749(2)

The point of the question was to get a quadratic to then find n to discover which day he had reached his milestone of 750 laps. You were supposed to put that sn equation equal to 750 and manipulate it into a solvable form and discard the negative solution as you couldn't have negative days

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tinadehban

should have been 750 = n/2 [2(6) + 2(n-1)]

Where n is the number of laps. After Simplifying and expanding I got either n = -30 or n=25 laps. He can't run negative laps so n = 25
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Jack1066
should have been 750 = n/2 [2(6) + 2(n-1)]

Where n is the number of laps. After Simplifying and expanding I got 600 laps

I simply used the fact that t12+t13=50 to do t11+t14=50 and t10+t15=50 and t9+t16=50 etc etc. Twelve pairs, all add to 50. 12×50=600

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
I simply used the fact that t12+t13=50 to do t11+t14=50 and t10+t15=50 and t9+t16=50 etc etc. Twelve pairs, all add to 50. 12×50=600

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops sorry I gave the wrong answer. I meant n = 30 laps

600 laps was what I got for the t11 thing.

I did the same as you for that one
Good job. Did you struggle with anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arithmetic, Geometric series but I think I got a few marks on both. The logs one I got until near the end and I confused myself a little. Other than that I found it okay- was a tough paper I'll be honest!
Original post by Jack1066
Oops sorry I gave the wrong answer. I meant n = 30 laps

600 laps was what I got for the t11 thing.

I did the same as you for that one

Never do that again. You sent me into a panic lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has any one else noticed that the difficulty of the papers since like 2014 is greater than what it was up to those dates! Kinda unfair- like 2012 both Jan and Summer were soo easy to do when revising. Comparing them to today's exam is like comparing two separate courses less in terms of Mathematical difficulty but the way in which the questions are asked.
does anyone remember the description for the triangle question
will pay with body
Has any one else noticed that the difficulty of the papers since like 2014 is greater than what it was up to those dates! Kinda unfair- like 2012 both Jan and Summer were soo easy to do when revising. Comparing them to today's exam is like comparing two separate courses less in terms of Mathematical difficulty but the way in which the questions are asked.

I was revising from aqa and edexcel papers for that reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MorganHill
will pay with body

Possibly the weirdest comment I've seen in TSR, congratulations.🤓🙃🙂

Yeah I did like every C2 paper in preparation for this exam and I definitely noticed a jump in difficulty in recent years. I think its because of increasing pressure on the entire A level system, as people are complaining that A levels are too easy, because people keep getting greater results every year. Even after the tests jumped up in difficulty, there were still a record number of high grades.
Possibly the weirdest comment I've seen in TSR, congratulations.🤓🙃🙂

that's not a description of the triangle but thank you
offer still stands
Original post by MorganHill
will pay with body

Side AB: x cm
Side AC: 7cm
Side BC: x+5 cm

Where x = 15

Cos A = was -3/5