The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Unit 1 Business Studies unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophFlorence
Surely the patent one has to be A&E: Ownership, and nobody else can copy the brand name. Haha, the ambiguity is unreal!!!

I put A&E but apparently trademark is E.

Huh.
Original post by Rose24
Do you remember the question that was asked for Q14?

It was about the patent and what the benefits were.
Brand name would be trademark
I'm confused now about that patent question, people are right - the ambiguity is real!😩 unit 3 is going to be hard as well😒😒
Fair enough. Hopefully that's the only mark I dropped as I felt very confident with my other answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure the patent one asked for the BENEFITS of patents and surely 'is an insurance policy that protects for 20 years" isn't a benefit, but a definition even if it is an incorrect one ?
Is q14 the patent one or q9?
Question 9 is correct a patent although may last for 20 years,is not an insurance policy but rather a license and sole right to a process
Was 14 the repeat purchase one?
introduce customer loyalty scheme and fulfil customer orders accurately
?
Reply 109
Wow thankyou so much life saver!!!!
Reply 110
Original post by lalz_123
I'm pretty sure the patent one asked for the BENEFITS of patents and surely 'is an insurance policy that protects for 20 years" isn't a benefit, but a definition even if it is an incorrect one ?

Tbh abin even though its probabky not right protection for 20 years is a benefit as you are being protected m8
gee thanks A.m.cr you are great i genuinely got excited that someone had responded to me but no it was just you if only your parents had used protection
Reply 112
I said exactky same except i said lateral thinking was dolving problems creatively. But yes i also put about 20 years for patent
Original post by lalz_123
Was 14 the repeat purchase one?
introduce customer loyalty scheme and fulfil customer orders accurately
?

Yes! Thanks :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by Yasmin Hamdeee
Congrats, but those weren't my answers. Some one else did it but I got similar answers, anyways that just means I got 38/40 which is still an A*, If you know anything else please tell me xx thank you x

Well done! Can i just ask what did you tick for the sales volume question and the ice cream one which shows the 2 tables?
Original post by lolol9
Well done! Can i just ask what did you tick for the sales volume question and the ice cream one which shows the 2 tables?

Sorry for the bad layout
1. B = £-4000
2. BE = Financing, Legal issues
3. A = Flexible hours
4. CD = Increase Product Range, Higher more staff
5. AC = Marketing, Failure of competition
6. BD = 37% of 35YO, 112 pay under £6
7. D = Luxury filling
8. BCF = Bad weather, gvt report, High wages
9. AD = Proof of ownership, insurance policy 20 years - No one is too sure what the answer is for this :/
10. BE = Customer orientation and overexpansion
11. D = Creative thinking (Lateral)
12. CE = Loss of control, Disagreements with Shareholders
13. BE = Less consumer spending, higher chance of insolvency
14. AD = Customer loyalty scheme, fulfil orders correctly
15. D = Raw Materials
16. BE = Willingness to train, Work well in team
17. 4400, 4850, 6300
18. CE = Job description, application form
19. CE = Eatablished brand, better chance of survival
20. C, D, A, H and E
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolol9

That was the one I got wrong as i wrote B and C but apparently its B and D
are we sure that it was job description and application form, not job description and person description?
Original post by Adzkii786
Is it possible to get 100UMS on the Unit 3 exam? I've done alot of revision. I got an A in my coursework and an A in this exam? So I've lost 20 UMS out of 200 leaving me at the boundary of an A* at 180/200 so far.

I'm pretty sure it's possible if you do a lot of revision and ace the exam. do a lot of past papers because the questions are really similar so you can see what points you need to write. But yh, I think you can do it, your C/A and this exam should back you up :smile:
Original post by gozzabomb
are we sure that it was job description and application form, not job description and person description?

yeaaah, it wasnt person description

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending