The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oasis61
For the circle theorem question I assumed the angle given was the alternate angle to the triangle and used that for calculating the other angles and gave correct reasons e.g base angles in isosceles are equal, angles in a triangle, tangents hit radii 90 degrees etc. Can someone please tell me how many marks would I get? Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

1/2

Posted from TSR Mobile

What would I get these marks for? Can't believe I got this wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you say that one of the bad things about the sample is that it is a leading question?
I put it because the word often was in the question and one of the response boxes which may suade people to pick often.
Private message me for any maths help I promise I can get you at least an A for your exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the crisps question I put "How many crisps do you buy each week"? With the answer boxes would I get full marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HaseebLone
Has the foundation unofficial markscheme been completed yet??

No, because someone needs to be able to get a copy of the paper like they could for the higher.
the paper was easy
What about maths Edexcel 2016 higher calculator paper answers...
Original post by Sawaira.R
What about maths Edexcel 2016 higher calculator paper answers...

Nobody has done the paper yet...
Guys see for question 3c - do you think it is ok to say that he only asked people in that specific age group, so it doesnt give an overall representation of how many crips people buy as a whole?
Think you made a mistake in q2 (b), the rotated shape is one unit too high, the bottom right point should be at (-1, 3).

May have been mentioned before in the 108 pages!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2151
Original post by jaspreetb
No, you're wrong, although both are divisible by 25, doing so would change the actual value of the end answer. The final answer is 100-25 pi

lol what... you never heard of factorisation?
Original post by 11ahf
lol what... you never heard of factorisation?

Does factorising still count as simplest form? I'm always unsure so I never do it and I left my answer as 100-25pi
Original post by Afro Tail
Does factorising still count as simplest form? I'm always unsure so I never do it and I left my answer as 100-25pi

That is the correct answer bc if you do that on the calculator it equals to 21.... and if you factorise it down to 25(4pi -1) you get like 289.... which is incorrect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxskaan
That is the correct answer bc if you do that on the calculator it equals to 21.... and if you factorise it down to 25(4pi -1) you get like 289.... which is incorrect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it doesn't factorise to that. It factorises to 25(4-pi)

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the reflection and rotation questions, will i get 1 mark each? becuase i reflected on of the shapes correctly but i placed it somewhere else, and i also rotated it correctly but placed somewhere else
Original post by iMacJack
Because it doesn't factorise to that. It factorises to 25(4-pi)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extremely sorry for this, take back what I said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got around 70 marks and i'm so disappointed because I'm predicted an A*:frown:((((((((((
(edited 7 years ago)
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131473/sponsors/w23oJi0GXEjsUaBAf

Sign the petition for lower grade boundaries. They need 5 more to go live

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zainab_5148
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131473/sponsors/w23oJi0GXEjsUaBAf

Sign the petition for lower grade boundaries. They need 5 more to go live
I got 82 what would that be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 82 what would that be?

Quick Reply

Latest