The Student Room Group

What's been your worst exam so far?

Scroll to see replies

Edexcel physics 😐😡
english freakin literature i'm as dead as curley's wife from reading that book 913901 times. :couchpotato:
Original post by Edosawr
Mine was English Literature. The books we're awful for me. :s-smilie:

AQA maths! Scared I made silly mistakes...
None of them have been particularly bad/challenging.

But the "least good" one, for me, would be P1.
Edexcel french Listening for me. I thought AQA English lit unit 1/2 was not too bad. I thought the An Inspector Calls question was great. The OMAM question was also okay, however I didn't exactly finish writing my points for part b so I may lose marks for that. Good thing is for OMAM, part a and b are marked as one so hopefully part a saves me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Also in AQA maths, some of the questions were fairly tricky. Also made some silly mistakes like putting an extra 0 on the end of 750 for the second question :frown: That's one way to lose a mark in maths.
Reply 46
Edexcel listening, I'm pretty sure I got like an E or D.Aqa English literature unit 1 flopped in both tkam and Aic even though I knew what to write just didn't know how to get it down and finally Maths.I'm most disappointed in maths because I've been practicing since December and I checked the unofficial mark scheme and found out I got most of it wrong.That made me cry.
aqa pe + spanish and edexcel maths☹️
Reply 48
Edexcel Geography:frown:
Original post by penelopecrux
OMG i do wjec and that was exactly my problem too. For the essay question on real friendships in OMAM i wrote bs and for the poems, idk if you've heard but it was about auntie jane fish being a proz :/

I also do wjec and apparently the fish poem wasn't about her being a prostitute. I definitely didn't do well on poetry as a whole though.
I'm dreading OCR gateway physics and chemistry, I'm rubbish at science and we've been taught them really badly :frown:
Reply 50
English Lit and Ocr physics p1p2p3
English Literature Unit 1... I was so prepared (I even made a bloody thread on the exam) but I completely messed up timings and consequently I wrote like 2 paragraphs on part b OMAM
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I also do wjec and apparently the fish poem wasn't about her being a prostitute. I definitely didn't do well on poetry as a whole though.
I'm dreading OCR gateway physics and chemistry, I'm rubbish at science and we've been taught them really badly :frown:

LOL good then, because i wrote about how she sells fish, but i wrote bs :/ how did you find yesterday's exam btw? i did an inspector calls and heroes.

OCR is horrible, i've heard. i do aqa, its pizzzz easy. just revise this whole week for science and trust me you'll get there.
How can I choose only one?
Reply 54
Edexcel Maths, it was a ridiculous test. All year I have been getting high B's,a few marks off an A in the past papers, but this year was just utterly terrible for me, I have a feeling I'll be resitting!!!
Reply 55
lmao all of them for me
Original post by penelopecrux
LOL good then, because i wrote about how she sells fish, but i wrote bs :/ how did you find yesterday's exam btw? i did an inspector calls and heroes.

OCR is horrible, i've heard. i do aqa, its pizzzz easy. just revise this whole week for science and trust me you'll get there.

I wrote about her selling fish as well. And I did the same as you yesterday. Inspector calls was good (I did the Sheila one) but I appear to be the only person who did theme of secrets, haha.
The only good thing about OCR science is that their grade boundaries are stupidly (I mean seriously) low. It's like just over 60% for an A. Idk if it's the same for other boards though. I somehow got an A in biology last year (only just) but it was the only one I did in year 10 and the coursework was easy, unlike this year's physics and chemistry.
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I wrote about her selling fish as well. And I did the same as you yesterday. Inspector calls was good (I did the Sheila one) but I appear to be the only person who did theme of secrets, haha.
The only good thing about OCR science is that their grade boundaries are stupidly (I mean seriously) low. It's like just over 60% for an A. Idk if it's the same for other boards though. I somehow got an A in biology last year (only just) but it was the only one I did in year 10 and the coursework was easy, unlike this year's physics and chemistry.

I did the sheila one too haha. wait by the theme of secrets do you mean the secrets question in heroes because i did that one lmao. I started mine off like this "the concept of secrecy permeates the novel of heroes...", does it even make sense?
WHAT YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. ur lucky m8, i wish aqa's grade boundaries were like that. :/
Reply 58
Edexcel Maths went pretty bad for me. I've left 5 pages blank in that exam. Edexcel Biology was a killer too. Physics and Chemistry were good.
Reply 59
Original post by niv1234
How can I choose only one?

Omg same!:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest