The Student Room Group

bad lnat score 2024

goodbye everyone. i got a 23/42 on the lnat and have applied to kcl, bristol & lse as an international student. i'm predicted 3a*s and have 8a*s in my gcses but ik i'm virtually screwed ahahaha idk how i flopped so bad. was aiming for the london unis but eh i'll get rid of those expectations. ik these unis sometimes accept outliers but like. so many other ppl did so much better.

got put on hold for bristol but no news from kcl and lse so far - thanks for listening to my rant, is anyone else in the same boat?
I‘m in the same position.
Got a really bad score on my LNAT & am an international applicant.
I’ve read on here that the cutoff for internationals was at 30 the past years…
Where are you from?
Original post by matchamoos777
goodbye everyone. i got a 23/42 on the lnat and have applied to kcl, bristol & lse as an international student. i'm predicted 3a*s and have 8a*s in my gcses but ik i'm virtually screwed ahahaha idk how i flopped so bad. was aiming for the london unis but eh i'll get rid of those expectations. ik these unis sometimes accept outliers but like. so many other ppl did so much better.

got put on hold for bristol but no news from kcl and lse so far - thanks for listening to my rant, is anyone else in the same boat?

If it makes you feel any better I got 16/42 for my LNAT score and i applied to the london unis too so i know there's no way i got in with a crap score like mine. You also have to realise that they also consider your other qualifications and personal statement, the LNAT score is only 40% worth of your application and your score is actually the average so try not to worry.
Reply 3
Original post by victoriasapply
I‘m in the same position.
Got a really bad score on my LNAT & am an international applicant.
I’ve read on here that the cutoff for internationals was at 30 the past years…
Where are you from?

i'm from asia haha - if i may ask, what did you get on ur LNAT? i just got rejected from KCL last night so yeah. hope everything goes well for you!
Reply 4
Original post by Cloudeeeeee
If it makes you feel any better I got 16/42 for my LNAT score and i applied to the london unis too so i know there's no way i got in with a crap score like mine. You also have to realise that they also consider your other qualifications and personal statement, the LNAT score is only 40% worth of your application and your score is actually the average so try not to worry.

thank you :frown: yeah as you said, i really do hope they look at our applications a little more holistically. are you an international student too?

haha i got rejected from KCL last night so just waiting on LSE now - am preparing for the worst tho .. hope everything goes well for you!
Original post by matchamoos
thank you :frown: yeah as you said, i really do hope they look at our applications a little more holistically. are you an international student too?

haha i got rejected from KCL last night so just waiting on LSE now - am preparing for the worst tho .. hope everything goes well for you!

awww no ☹️ hope something works out for you! wishing you the best of luck

same :frown: I'm in exactly the same boat - rejected from kings and waiting on lse
Reply 7
Original post by isabellag0093
same :frown: I'm in exactly the same boat - rejected from kings and waiting on lse
oh noo i'm sorry to hear that 😭 if you don't mind sharing, what was your lnat score? and all the best with lse! remember that everything happens for a reason :smile:)
oh noo i'm sorry to hear that 😭 if you don't mind sharing, what was your lnat score? and all the best with lse! remember that everything happens for a reason :smile:)
i got 25 which wasn't v competitive but i thought my predicted grades/ gcses would make up for it. wbu?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 9

I got 21 and waiting on LSE and Durham. I got rejected from KCL and UCL. if you hear anything from LSE lmk please.
Hi everyone, I am a year 12 student and i will be seating the LNAT in a few months and i am so scared!!
What were your experiances like on the day of the LNAT and was it better or worst than you though?

“Virtually screwed” what are u talking about 🤣 I also got 23 and have worse grades than u. I got Durham offer, Exeter and Glasgow
Original post by Rudmila
I got 21 and waiting on LSE and Durham. I got rejected from KCL and UCL. if you hear anything from LSE lmk please.

i got 24 and got rejected from durham for not having a competitive lnat lmao
Reply 13
Original post by eliaaaaa
i got 24 and got rejected from durham for not having a competitive lnat lmao

I'm so sorry. I was really surprised when I got an offer, I think it was bcs of my lnat essay. Oxford graded it 67.
Original post by Rudmila
I'm so sorry. I was really surprised when I got an offer, I think it was bcs of my lnat essay. Oxford graded it 67.

I'm completely fine with the rejection tbh, I prefer leeds anyway
Reply 15
Original post by PusheenPug10
Hi everyone, I am a year 12 student and i will be seating the LNAT in a few months and i am so scared!!
What were your experiances like on the day of the LNAT and was it better or worst than you though?

Hi, I'm a law student currently, I did my LNAT in the last UCAS cycle. Don't be worried about it. The most you can do is do practices for it and hope for the best - which doesn't sound great. Make sure that both the MCQ and essay are good, though, otherwise you can get tripped up.

It's kind of an arbitrary measure, I know plenty of people who didn't do well in practice and did great in the actual exam and plenty for whom it went the opposite way. My advice is that you don't exclusively apply to unis that require the LNAT.

This isn't meant to worry you, it's just to try and put it into perspective. It doesn't really measure what you can do, but practice can get you at least an average score.
Original post by Lttale
Hi, I'm a law student currently, I did my LNAT in the last UCAS cycle. Don't be worried about it. The most you can do is do practices for it and hope for the best - which doesn't sound great. Make sure that both the MCQ and essay are good, though, otherwise you can get tripped up.
It's kind of an arbitrary measure, I know plenty of people who didn't do well in practice and did great in the actual exam and plenty for whom it went the opposite way. My advice is that you don't exclusively apply to unis that require the LNAT.
This isn't meant to worry you, it's just to try and put it into perspective. It doesn't really measure what you can do, but practice can get you at least an average score.

Hi thank you so much, this defiantly put my worries to rest!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending