The Student Room Group

CCEA AS Maths C2 Tuesday 31st May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xsk
Using trig, the shortest distance = 257.12sin70 = 242?

I used the cosine rule, don't think i got that one right
Original post by Smcdonald98
I stored some answers on my calculator:

137, 257, 357, 266, 59.3, 119, -1.58,

324, 256 - my values for n and k

I got n=9 and k=4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by 9clpc9
I don't remember exactly what I got as my answers but it looks familiar! I got the same for 6b and 8

Hi, yeah can I get pics of the question paper please?[/QUOTE]

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=5.412195412215412e+23&thumb=1
Original post by caitrionacarson
I got n=9 and k=4

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same, I thought it was an alright paper. What did everyone get for the last question? I only remember the radius was 5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by TomFitness
I got the same, I thought it was an alright paper. What did everyone get for the last question? I only remember the radius was 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

(x+3)^2 + (y-2)^2 = 25

It could have went a lot better
Reply 45

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got (x+3)^2 + (y-2)^2 = 25
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
[QUOTE="lmg1;65341703"]
Original post by 9clpc9
I don't remember exactly what I got as my answers but it looks familiar! I got the same for 6b and 8

Hi, yeah can I get pics of the question paper please?[/QUOTE]

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=5.412195412215412e+23&thumb=1

Thanks!
Reply 47
I did X/sin110 = 200/sin40 too??
for q4 i got 242 and 266
Original post by O999
I did X/sin110 = 200/sin40 too??

Yeah i was convinced the question asked on a bearing of 30 not 40.

Like why does my brain do this to me, the number 30 appears no where in that question? -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Grade boundary predictions for an A?
I think 61
Reply 51
anyone have any unofficial mark schemes?
Original post by ozmo19
Grade boundary predictions for an A?
I think 61

I got 79 UMS when I first sat C2 and I got 59 raw marks. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 57-59 tbh. If I hadn't of done C2 before I would have seriously struggled with that paper. For instance a few years ago question one of this years paper came up as a question 6or7 and it was worth around 8 marks (may have had a few more terms in the integration though)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
I got 79 UMS when I first sat C2 and I got 59 raw marks. I wouldn't be surprised if it was around 57-59 tbh. If I hadn't of done C2 before I would have seriously struggled with that paper. For instance a few years ago question one of this years paper came up as a question 6or7 and it was worth around 8 marks (may have had a few more terms in the integration though)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lets all hope the grade boundary then for an A is 57.
How did you answer the last question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Answer of 5i and 5ii? Hearing a lot of variation
Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you answer this?
Reply 57
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you answer this?

I think I must've made a mistake, I got the centre to be (-3.14,2) but I had done length of a line for centre to each of the given points that lay on the circle then set them equal to eachother cos they're both radius's and I used that to find a (centre co ord for X) then subbed everything into (X-a)^2 + (y-b))^2 = r^2 to get r^2 and then a general equation from there
Thanks:-) I did it completely differently and I know I its wrong- I used the two points they gave me to work out a gradient and worked out an equation from that... do you reckon I'd get any partial credit for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
Thanks:-) I did it completely differently and I know I its wrong- I used the two points they gave me to work out a gradient and worked out an equation from that... do you reckon I'd get any partial credit for that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll have picked up some marks for it yeah!! How did you find the rest of it 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending