The Student Room Group

A-Level choices

I have no idea what I want to do after A-Levels, however i was thinking of choosing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Software System Development (CCEA). With these choices, would it be possible to get accepted into a medicine course at uni?
Reply 1
Original post by blob132420
I have no idea what I want to do after A-Levels, however i was thinking of choosing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Software System Development (CCEA). With these choices, would it be possible to get accepted into a medicine course at uni?

Hm, it's a very small chance. Most and by most I mean like 95% of the universities require A level biology AND A level chemistry. Very few require just A level chem and none are reputable enough for me to guarantee learning quality or anything.

You need bio. If you wanna do med at least.

As @ZedBMA said, a level bio and chem are the most important for medicine. Maths is a good balanced subject and physics also will keep options open (though it's not a requirement at all). Sciences are highly favoured for medicine, so consider biology too
Reply 3

i think bio, chem and maths a-levels are definitely needed for medicine. it's worth checking the requirements at the uni you'd want to get into imo
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest