The Student Room Group

Help me.

So I have a maths resit qualification and I passed I got my four and the college I attended gave me my results as you’d get your a levels results. Date/board/level/qualification/code/grade/mark.
I sent it to the uni of my choice and well they won’t accept it and I could potentially loose my offer because my former college is closed and won’t even be open till 1st of September to enrol new year 12s and I can’t get in contact with anyone to even help me and I don’t know what to do. It’s not fair if I loose my offer over this because I didn’t sleep I had multiple panic attacks and wouldn’t even eat properly just to do well and out of fear it’s not fair to loose my offer over something small. I haven’t lost the offer yet but the deadline is 31st august but the college I attended is closed. What do I do?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Normally GCSE results are sent directly to Unis by UCAS.
Reply 2
Original post by Lia18
So I have a maths resit qualification and I passed I got my four and the college I attended gave me my results as you’d get your a levels results. Date/board/level/qualification/code/grade/mark.
I sent it to the uni of my choice and well they won’t accept it and I could potentially loose my offer because my former college is closed and won’t even be open till 1st of September to enrol new year 12s and I can’t get in contact with anyone to even help me and I don’t know what to do. It’s not fair if I loose my offer over this because I didn’t sleep I had multiple panic attacks and wouldn’t even eat properly just to do well and out of fear it’s not fair to loose my offer over something small. I haven’t lost the offer yet but the deadline is 31st august but the college I attended is closed. What do I do?

I'm really sorry to hear about the tough spot you're in. It sounds like you've put in a lot of effort to get through this math resit qualification, and it's completely understandable that you're feeling stressed and anxious about the situation.

First things first, take a deep breath. I know it's easier said than done, but keeping a bit of calm can help you think more clearly and tackle this issue step by step.

Now, when it comes to the university situation, reaching out to them is key. Send them an email or give them a call explaining your whole situation. Let them know about the college being closed and how you've been trying to get the necessary documentation. Tell your story about the hard work you put in, the sleepless nights, the panic attacks it's important for them to understand how much this means to you.

While you're at it, document everything. Keep records of your communications with the university emails, call logs, anything. It could come in handy if you need to prove your efforts down the line.

Since the college won't open until September, it might be a good idea to try to reach out to any teachers, counselors, or even fellow students who might have insights or contacts that could help you. Sometimes, a little nudge in the right direction can make all the difference.

And hey, don't forget to check if the university has any sort of appeal or exception process. They might (and most likely) have dealt with similar situations before and have a way to help you out.

If the university's deadline is looming and you're still having trouble, it might be time to look into alternatives. Are there other universities or programs that might accept your qualification? It's a bit of a Plan B, but it's good to have options just in case.

Remember, this is a tough situation, but it's not the end of the road. You've shown dedication and hard work, and that's something that won't go unnoticed in the long run. Keep your chin up, keep trying, and I'm rooting for you to find a solution.
Original post by Lia18

I think you need to call your uni admissions department to ask them to clarify why they have not accepted a copy of your formal exam notification from your exam centre. Take the name of the person you speak to. They should accept it as GCSE results are not forwarded to them by UCAS and it is down to students to notify them. Did you scan the original notification you received from your exam centre?
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
I think you need to call your uni admissions department to ask them to clarify why they have not accepted a copy of your formal exam notification from your exam centre. Take the name of the person you speak to. They should accept it as GCSE results are not forwarded to them by UCAS and it is down to students to notify them. Did you scan the original notification you received from your exam centre?

the thing is you know how they give us our results on results day for our a levels it’s written down as statement of results. I did resit maths and I got my four but it’s on a statement of results so it just says my results and grade and code etc. it’s from my sixth form/college. I can’t even call my sixth form/college to help me because they’re on summer break. The uni wants it to be signed and stamped or the college to email them but I can’t even reach my college since everyone’s on summer break and it’s closed.
Original post by Lia18
the thing is you know how they give us our results on results day for our a levels it’s written down as statement of results. I did resit maths and I got my four but it’s on a statement of results so it just says my results and grade and code etc. it’s from my sixth form/college. I can’t even call my sixth form/college to help me because they’re on summer break. The uni wants it to be signed and stamped or the college to email them but I can’t even reach my college since everyone’s on summer break and it’s closed.

Try ringing your college on Tuesday. It is likely that some staff will be in preparing for the opening of school before pupils come back.
Reply 6
Original post by zkan
I'm really sorry to hear about the tough spot you're in. It sounds like you've put in a lot of effort to get through this math resit qualification, and it's completely understandable that you're feeling stressed and anxious about the situation.

First things first, take a deep breath. I know it's easier said than done, but keeping a bit of calm can help you think more clearly and tackle this issue step by step.

Now, when it comes to the university situation, reaching out to them is key. Send them an email or give them a call explaining your whole situation. Let them know about the college being closed and how you've been trying to get the necessary documentation. Tell your story about the hard work you put in, the sleepless nights, the panic attacks it's important for them to understand how much this means to you.

While you're at it, document everything. Keep records of your communications with the university emails, call logs, anything. It could come in handy if you need to prove your efforts down the line.

Since the college won't open until September, it might be a good idea to try to reach out to any teachers, counselors, or even fellow students who might have insights or contacts that could help you. Sometimes, a little nudge in the right direction can make all the difference.

And hey, don't forget to check if the university has any sort of appeal or exception process. They might (and most likely) have dealt with similar situations before and have a way to help you out.

If the university's deadline is looming and you're still having trouble, it might be time to look into alternatives. Are there other universities or programs that might accept your qualification? It's a bit of a Plan B, but it's good to have options just in case.

Remember, this is a tough situation, but it's not the end of the road. You've shown dedication and hard work, and that's something that won't go unnoticed in the long run. Keep your chin up, keep trying, and I'm rooting for you to find a solution.

Thank you, honestly I’m a lot calmer now but I worked so hard to even get these grades all my teachers thought I’d fail and the fact I didn’t sleep at all in the months of exams just to get into my dream university which I have the qualifications for. So looking at other universities just puts a bad feeling in my heart and I know my mind isn’t with the insurance choice. I’ve tried countless times to reach out to my teachers and my friends don’t even have contact with the school so there’s no one that can actually help me. Ive even emailed the admissions board but they won’t reply till Tuesday so I really have no idea what else I can do.
Reply 7
Original post by normaw
Try ringing your college on Tuesday. It is likely that some staff will be in preparing for the opening of school before pupils come back.

I’m going to try but I know they won’t be in till September 1st for Enrolments and my deadline is before 31st august.
@Admit-One Do you know if the OP can get a confirmation of GCSE results direct from the exam board rather than waiting for their exam centre to reopen?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Lia18
Thank you, honestly I’m a lot calmer now but I worked so hard to even get these grades all my teachers thought I’d fail and the fact I didn’t sleep at all in the months of exams just to get into my dream university which I have the qualifications for. So looking at other universities just puts a bad feeling in my heart and I know my mind isn’t with the insurance choice. I’ve tried countless times to reach out to my teachers and my friends don’t even have contact with the school so there’s no one that can actually help me. Ive even emailed the admissions board but they won’t reply till Tuesday so I really have no idea what else I can do.

I'm glad you're feeling calmer now. Your hard work and determination really shine through. It's completely understandable that considering other universities doesn't sit well, especially when your dream university means so much to you.

It's tough not getting through to your teachers and friends that feeling of being stuck is frustrating. Waiting for the admissions board to respond on Tuesday might feel long, but their reply will bring some clarity.

In the meantime, all you can do is hold tight. You've done all you can up until this point from working tirelessly to contacting different parties. It's tough not having immediate answers, but remember that sometimes things have a way of falling into place, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

Hang in there, and if you need to talk or have more questions, feel free to reach out.
Reply 10
Original post by McGinger
Normally GCSE results are sent directly to Unis by UCAS.

I checked ucas Pearson edexcel does not send it to ucas.
Original post by normaw
@Admit-One Do you know if the OP can get a confirmation of GCSE results direct from the exam board rather than waiting for their exam centre to reopen?

I don’t know the answer to this I’m afraid.

Has the OP tried just calling a general number for the centre rather than a specific teacher. If the results just need signing and stamping to verify then that can be done by anyone in an admin role.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending