The Student Room Group

Is this racist?banker claims black people are just not clever

So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't care unless I know they're going to do a good job.
Original post by BodhiUtah
So I was tweeted this on Twitter and had a read and don't know what to think to be honest? I agree with a lot of it but it seems well out of order. Here's an extract of the funnish bit but check it out: http://www.citysharks.co.uk/2016/05/31/investment-banker-on-black-people-in-banking/

Would you personally hire a black person?Possible, if they could do the job, but as soon as I hear any ghetto like language their gone. That’s why education is paramount as it irons out the poor character traits and polishes a person for a potential career in investment banking.I understand totally but most black people come from deprived backgrounds?I don’t buy into that crap you can make it wherever you’re from. If you want to kill your brain cells by listing to Beyonce and Jay Z and walk around with a knife then your damaging your own chances in life. Plenty of black people life like civilized human being’s, it’s just that black people choose to live less so. Just walk around London and your see it’s mainly always the black people that need to be avoided. Just look at the prisons, black males are just a criminal and lazy men on average.

IQ tests done by race show Asian > White > Black though.
Original post by BodhiUtah

For me if i was hiring, the selling point for me would be how suited and qualified are they do to that job? i.e. who's best at what they do, i couldn't give a **** if you're a potato or vegetable, if you can do it better than anyone else, you're hired
Original post by Mathemagicien
IQ is a poor measure of intelligence

Where are your sources anyway? Most studies I have seen put Asians around 2-3 points ahead of Whites, and Whites 6-7 points ahead of Black people. Its not a significant difference, and much less significant than the effect of studying for the test beforehand.

It is East Asians, not all Asians. The average for East Asians is 106, Whites is 100, Blacks is 85 (in USA).

The difference in cranial capacity between whites and east Asians is 1 cubic inch - not significant. The difference in cranial capacity between whites and blacks is 5 cubic inches.

https://www.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf
Original post by george-90
It is East Asians, not all Asians. The average for East Asians is 106, Whites is 100, Blacks is 85 (in USA).

The difference in cranial capacity between whites and east Asians is 1 cubic inch - not significant. The difference in cranial capacity between whites and blacks is 5 cubic inches.

Wow so the conclusion to make is that black people are dumb?

I mean if the mathematics is right i'm smarter than most most black people. Yaay.
Original post by george-90

I don't get how it's really to do with race...
Original post by IslamistheTruth
Wow so the conclusion to make is that black people are dumb?

I mean if the mathematics is right i'm smarter than most most black people. Yaay.

That's not how it works. To conclude that black people are dumb is bad science. Also, these are only averages. Any given individual (i.e. yourself) may have vastly different IQ values and cranial capacities. You may be below the average for blacks, you may be above the average for East Asians - you'd have to get these things measured. Variation within ethnic groups is greater than the average differences between ethnic groups.
I listen to Beyonce and Jay Z and my brain cells aren't that dead :sad:
Lol I've worked in banking and could surpass him at his stupid job within half a decade if I decided to stay in the financial services industry.

My whole family (I have a big family) are either at university or are qualified professionals with degrees. My mum is one of the cleverest women I have ever met.

In America the most highly educated group is the African immigrants. So yeah, that banker hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

My spelling and grammar is also heaps better than yours. It is unlikely that you will be in a position in which you would need to consider whether or not to hire Black people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
I listen to Beyonce and Jay Z and my brain cells aren't that dead :sad:

i like to play Scott Joplin on the piano.... am i doomed ? :afraid:
Original post by WBZ144
Lol I've worked in banking and could surpass him at his stupid job within half a decade if I decided to stay in the financial services industry.

My whole family (I have a big family) are either at university or are qualified professionals with degrees. My mum is one of the cleverest women I have ever met.

In America the most highly educated group is the African immigrants. So yeah, that banker hasn't a clue what he is talking about.

My spelling and grammar is also heaps better than yours. It is unlikely that you will be in a position in which you would need to consider whether or not to hire Black people.

You seem upset.
standard closet racist, there's many of them particularly in the upper class who try to veil it with silly logic.
Original post by physicsphysics91
You seem upset.

Is that your idea of a response? Pretty underwhelming...
Original post by physicsphysics91
IQ tests done by race show Asian > White > Black though.

source?
Original post by poundsoffat
For me if i was hiring, the selling point for me would be how suited and qualified are they do to that job? i.e. who's best at what they do, i couldn't give a **** if you're a potato or vegetable, if you can do it better than anyone else, you're hired

I'm sorry to tell you this very unrelated point, but a potato is a vegetable. :colondollar:
Shouldn't this serve as motivation for blacks to prove this banker otherwise? As usual, people on here are getting emotional for no reason
I'm middle eastern. Where do I fit in?
Original post by WBZ144

Yeah yeah. All that and you can't even comprehend how Black immigrants in the UK are the most uneducated and poorest of all major ethnic groups. Get a grasp of the context before bringing up irrelevancies like the Nigerian sub-group in the US.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending