The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by economicss
Yeah that's great thanks so much, got it now :smile: Yeah if you could post part ii please that would be brill, thank you!

Again - A weird freakin q

Now I'm gonna post some q's you better help me lol (no seriously :wink:
Original post by Rkai01

Thank you!! Haha okay I will do my best :smile:
JUST DID AN ADAPTED PAPER!
Can our paper be as hard as those??:frown:
Original post by Rkai01

What did you use to go from -1/2(cosec theta +cot theta) to the final answer please? :smile: Checked the formula book but couldn't see anything in there, thanks!
Reply 704
How is 8d done tried it but can't remember anything from previous core mods please?
Reply 705
Original post by moonlight123
JUST DID AN ADAPTED PAPER!
Can our paper be as hard as those??:frown:

What is adapted?
Reply 706
What did you use to go from -1/2(cosec theta +cot theta) to the final answer please? :smile: Checked the formula book but couldn't see anything in there, thanks!

Look where it says integral of cosec, you use the log laws to raise the powers and deduce that cosec plus cot is 1/ tan(1/2x)

Can you look at my post above for help please?
Reply 707
How is first q done. The induction one? I tried writing it in a form of differentials but went awkward.

Preferably a written solutions with pictures please

@Zacken
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rkai01
Look where it says integral of cosec, you use the log laws to raise the powers and deduce that cosec plus cot is 1/ tan(1/2x)

Can you look at my post above for help please?

Thank you :smile: damn that question on my list of ones I can't do aswell, will give it another go now :smile:
Reply 709
Thank you :smile: damn that question on my list of ones I can't do aswell, will give it another go now :smile:

And the induction q if u can
Original post by Rkai01
And the induction q if u can

I've found the radius, but stuck on how to find the y-coord of the centre!
Reply 711
I've found the radius, but stuck on how to find the y-coord of the centre!

That's exactly where I am dude.
Original post by Rkai01
That's exactly where I am dude.

It's probs a circle theorem of some kind but can't think what, will ask my teacher on monday and post his working :smile:
Reply 713
Struggling with this.
First 2 pics shows approach 1 and 3rd is second approach

With 4th pic showing q which is 9b
@oinkk
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rkai01
How is first q done. The induction one? I tried writing it in a form of differentials but went awkward.

Preferably a written solutions with pictures please

@Zacken

Assume true for n=k and then differentiate once more and algebra manipulate to show that it's true for n=k+1. If you're stuck then post your solution.
Reply 715
It's probs a circle theorem of some kind but can't think what, will ask my teacher on monday and post his working :smile:

Wait what did you get for radius? How'd you get it
Original post by Rkai01
Wait what did you get for radius? How'd you get it

2root3, used 2 of the points I already knew with the C2 distance formula on (7,4) and (4, 4+root3) then did (x-x1) squared + (y-y1 squared) with those two coords :smile:
Reply 717
2root3, used 2 of the points I already knew with the C2 distance formula on (7,4) and (4, 4+root3) then did (x-x1) squared + (y-y1 squared) with those two coords :smile:

Ya I got 2root 3 but for distance between 7,4 and 4,4+root3 but why is that length the same?
This is the logic I put together as to why the centre is what it is but I don't get why distance are the same and hence both are root3 downwards from 4,4 +root3

EDIT: I don't know why but the bottom triangle might be the same as top
which is why they got what they got but could be wrong.

SEE 2 posts below for second pic.

Confirmation @Zacken
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 718
Original post by Rkai01
Struggling with this.
First 2 pics shows approach 1 and 3rd is second approach

With 4th pic showing q which is 9b
@oinkk

I have not attempted this question yet, but here are my initial thoughts. If this doesn't help then I'll take a look at it tomorrow morning.

Your second attempt is the right approach.

You need your argument to just be in one plane, the w-plane. Make z the subject of the transformation, and add 2i to both sides of the transformation to achieve the expression you desire :smile:
Reply 719
From above post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending