The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Are you allowed to do multiple attempts at a question and if one of them is correct get full marks? Of course only if the number of possible answers is infinite.
Original post by TheFarmerLad
Hate proof by induction :biggrin:

It's funny because a lot of people say that but if you're doing STEP then it's one of the most valuable tools for proof. I guess it's just getting used to how the exam board want it set out.
Reply 782
Original post by Nikhilm
You can't do that for a dy/dx expansion though right?

Why not?

Spoiler

Original post by edothero
Why not?

Spoiler

No, i mean when the question is given in as a differential equation, not in terms of y and x but with dy/dx. There's no way of checking this without actually have to convert it back to y?
Reply 784
Original post by Nikhilm
No, i mean when the question is given in as a differential equation, not in terms of y and x but with dy/dx. There's no way of checking this without actually have to convert it back to y?

I don't understand, happen to have an actual question like this?
Reply 785
image.jpg
Attachment not found

For 11b how is it done? I could see a pattern but then I could only see of making x=0 not 2 and then wasn't sure what to do with the r
When doing the inequality questions how do you know whether a particular algebraic fraction is negative? Its confusing me.
Original post by Rkai01
image.jpg
Attachment not found

For 11b how is it done? I could see a pattern but then I could only see of making x=0 not 2 and then wasn't sure what to do with the r

ln2?
Original post by Rkai01
image.jpg
Attachment not found

Here's how I did it image.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

I mean for when its solving a taylor differential equation
Reply 790
Original post by A Slice of Pi
Yes

What final 2 terms did you end up with for the method of differences?
Reply 791
Original post by target21859

Ah yeaa I was getting there but that is correct ln2 thanks a lot.
Original post by Rkai01
What final 2 terms did you end up with for the method of differences?

Is this for the question I made or the one Zacken made? One of them is in the solution I gave in a spoiler earlier. They should all vanish apart from the first and last if I remember rightly...
Reply 793
image.jpg
Original post by target21859

Would you happen to know how to go about 11b. I feel dumb because it's a hence question but I can't integrate with the sqrt and by substitution becomes awkward.
Reply 794
Is this for the question I made or the one Zacken made? One of them is in the solution I gave in a spoiler earlier. They should all vanish apart from the first and last if I remember rightly...

No yours was fine it was zackens

Something like y+y+y=ax+by'' + y' + y = ax + b, now give a series solution of yy up to the term in x3x^3.
Someone please explain to me how to work with polar equatiions and finding the perpedicular/parallel line when you have r squared.
Reply 797
image.jpg

How did you get it down to the second line please?
Original post by Rkai01
image.jpg
Attachment not found

do we have to know how to do these? they seem a lot harder than any of the exam qs

can i ask how you would approach 9a?
Original post by kkboyk
When doing the inequality questions how do you know whether a particular algebraic fraction is negative? Its confusing me.

:hmmmm2: do you have an example of what you mean?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending