The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M1 - 8th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Was was the tension for the lift and brick one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jovdawesome
nope... for bearing it was 90+14= 104

i got 104...
How many marks were part a and b of the moment question?
Original post by suhaylpatel786
These are my answers:

1(a) 104, (90+14)

1(b) p = (400+15t)i + (20t)j
q = (20t)i + (800-5t)j

1(c) The 'j' vectors for both are equal, as it is due west.
800-5t = 20t
t = 32
therefore q = 640i + 640j

2(a) T = 20.6N

what is 2b
Original post by rafiuddin
Yh, but the final answer was 640i+640j

How many marks will that cost me?
Original post by particlestudent
Did everyone use the brick on its own for the force it exerts on the pan one?

Yep.
Original post by alexesl17
Tension was 20.6 and Force of brick on pan was 15.5

I showed workings out for 2 values or R, I had to values of R with their own working side by side, because I was not sure, will I get the marks for the correct one or did I just f** myself up?
How do you get 15.5 for the pan question part b?

Do you look at the pan alone, or the brick alone?

I did weight of lift + R (reaction of brick going down) - T = mass of lift x acceleration.

Is that right? Or is it 0.5g - R = 0.5a
(edited 7 years ago)
WHERE WAS THE SUVAT
WHY WERE THERE 2 VECTORS QUESTIONS
WHAT WAS QUESTION 7

I expect a good hitler reacts to m1 video up shortly
Original post by dotdani11
Yep.

How many marks will I lose if I forgot to mutiple by the mass for the impulse question. I got v--u = 7.5 and wrote the formula flr impukse, just stupidly forgot to multiply by 0.4?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks do you think I will lose for not writing the bearing for the last question (i got the correct magnitude - 16.6N).
easiest test of my life
what question did u get 3 newtons for?
lol m8 it was EZ git gud
Reply 1134
Original post by Reda2
I showed workings out for 2 values or R, I had to values of R with their own working side by side, because I was not sure, will I get the marks for the correct one or did I just f** myself up?

As it says in the mark scheme:
If a candidate makes more than one attempt at any question:
If all but one attempt is crossed out, mark the attempt which is NOT crossedout.
If either all attempts are crossed out or none are crossed out, mark all theattempts and score the highest single attempt.

So you will get full marks.
Original post by Reda2

Yes you will!
Original post by hamzahussain97
How many marks do you think I will lose for not writing the bearing for the last question (i got the correct magnitude - 16.6N).

Probably 2... I didn't write it, either
Original post by Reda2

you should get the full marks, but it always depends on how bored the examiner is to look at your whole working.
Reply 1138
Original post by hamzahussain97

The magnitude is 16.6N not -16.6. I imagine you will probably only lose 1 or 2 for not writing the direction.
Reply 1139
I think you will find its the same as 135deg from the horizontal not 45

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending