The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
Can you do 4b using c.f/p.i method?
Does anyone know the question for the first order question (part a) i
Original post by cjlh
You get dy/du but the squared I got was of (du/dx). You know du/dx is 1/x so this is 1/x^2 (which you then substitute in).

:O ... I didnt rearrange x=e^2u (is that what it was or was it e^u?) as ln|x|=2u
Instead I attempted to straight away differentiate x with respect to y and then flip it which I think led me very off track, cheers for the reply :smile:
Original post by AhnafR
Guys what did you get for the area of the polar curves? I got 71.0 or 49pi/2 + (3root7)/4 -11arccos3/4

Should have been 49pi/4, not /2, but other than that yes
Original post by AhnafR
Guys what did you get for the area of the polar curves? I got 71.0 or 49pi/2 + (3root7)/4 -11arccos3/4

No it's 32.5

For some reason you had 49pi/2 but it's 49pi/4. Other than that the other 2 terms are correct
Original post by physics_maths7
:O ... I didnt rearrange x=e^2u (is that what it was or was it e^u?) as ln|x|=2u
Instead I attempted to straight away differentiate x with respect to y and then flip it which I think led me very off track, cheers for the reply :smile:

I think it was just x=e^u, so u=lnx. No probs, there's a few ways to do it if you look at past mark schemes so you'll probably have gotten at least 1 mark haha
Original post by Mattematics
So I've confused myself on redoing part b of the polar co-ordinates question.

I did this, and I'm struggling to see why I only got 15 rather than 35. Surely this gives the required area?

2.120.722π2(7cosθ)2+(20.722)2π(r)22.\frac{1}{2}\int_{0.722}^{\frac{\pi}{2}}(7cos\theta )^2 + \frac{(2 * 0.722)}{2\pi}*(r)^2

First part evaluates to 8.64 and the second part evaluates to 6.33, giving a total of ~15?

Bro, the second bit is wrong. You don't have to divide (theta) by 2i. The formulae is in radians so there's no need for that.😲
Reply 1827
Original post by Zacken
Will release one tomorrow.

Ah! Can't wait, Appreciate it!
Original post by AhnafR
Ok basically i was in a hurry and wrote arccos as arcos (spelling mistake) would i lose marks?

No.
hi ,
tbh it was too iz for me,
i fought they wld make it a bit challenging coz its the third fp module.
well see ya later nerds get good scrubs
looking forward to fp3 for another 100ums
lots of love,
ms wier
What was the value of x as t tends to infinity on the first order diff eqn question?
Original post by ApieceOFsoap
hi ,
tbh it was too iz for me,
i fought they wld make it a bit challenging coz its the third fp module.
well see ya later nerds get good scrubs
looking forward to fp3 for another 100ums
lots of love,
ms wier

Spoiler

How many marks do you guys think I've lost if I didn't integrate e^2θ sinθ and left it in term of the integral?
To be honest, apart from Q4, they were all standard questions. There were two obvious ways to approach 4b, one was treating it as a 1st order differential and finding the integrating factor etc. and the second method was differentiating it again and treating it as a 2nd order then solve. A*-70?
Reply 1834
What did people get on the e^2xsinx business? I think i got y = 2/5sinx - 1/5cosx +1/5e^-2x or something like that
Ok guys how do you integrate e^2xsinx and what did you guys get for the answer to that question?
For 4b) I used the first order from part a and equated things to r p and q. Will I get 0 marks for this do you think ?
Original post by Baldwinator
Did anyone else still have an e^u they were unable to get rid of in their equation after they'd substituted in Q7a? If the x^2 in front of the first term of equation 1 was instead an x I'd have got the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMGG, yes. I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by InkBuilder
How many marks do you guys think I've lost if I didn't integrate e^2θ sinθ and left it in term of the integral?

I did this too but further showed Integration by parts once. I reckon 4-5 marks lost, not the end of the world :wink:
Original post by Student_2357
To be honest, apart from Q4, they were all standard questions. There were two obvious ways to approach 4b, one was treating it as a 1st order differential and finding the integrating factor etc. and the second method was differentiating it again and treating it as a 2nd order then solve. A*-70?

I agree.
What was the final answer to this question by the way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending