The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Cause he wrote them

He missed his requirements for Cambridge
To get an A* in FM do you just need 90ums adverage over three second year exams or do you have to have FP2 and FP3?
How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do so i had y*e^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)
How many marks would I lose for using x instead of theta for 4b?
Would be it wrong to take your P.I as this y= axe^-2u ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J.M.Keynes

he did?
Original post by Jackmleitch
To get an A* in FM do you just need 90ums adverage over three second year exams or do you have to have FP2 and FP3?

270 UMS total between 3 A2 modules.

If you're doing FP2 and FP3, then you need a 270 total UMS from FP2, FP3 and one other (2)+ module (ie S2, M2, D2, M3 etc etc)
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do so i had ye^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)
Original post by edothero

If you're doing FP2 and FP3, then you need a 270 total UMS from FP2, FP3 and one other (2)+ module (ie S2, M2, D2, M3 etc etc)

I'm doing FP2/3 M2 and S2. So potentially I could be M2 S2 and FP3?
Thanks
Original post by J.M.Keynes

Oh really? Didn't know, cheers. Thanks for letting me know tho
Original post by Major-fury
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME
How many marks would I lose for question 4? i got up to where you had to use the chain rule but had no idea what to do so i had ye^(2theta)=integral of e^(2theta)*sin(theta)

out of 7, you'd probably get 3.

That's my best guess.

Is it not possible to have for instance FP1, FP2, M1 at AS and FP3, M2, M3 at A2?
out of 7, you'd probably get 3.

That's my best guess.

ah okay thank you i was thinking i'd lose about 4 do you think i will get an a* / above 90ums provided that's the only mistake?
Original post by Jackmleitch
I'm doing FP2/3 M2 and S2. So potentially I could be M2 S2 and FP3?
Thanks

If you're doing C3, C4, FP2, FP3, S2 and M2,
then you would need 270 total between FP2, FP3 and either M2 or S2. As FP modules can't go into your normal Maths qualification.

If you're just doing FP2, FP3, S2 and M2
then you would need 270 total between any three of those four.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm confident in saying that that was a perfect paper. Bal Dhillon taught me university level mathematics enabling me to accomplish 100UMS in FP2. I'm so glad a question on Bernoulli numbers came up, easy marks. Let's hope for an easy question on the Riemann hypothesis in the upcoming FP3 exam.
Original post by Major-fury
ah okay thank you i was thinking i'd lose about 4 do you think i will get an a* / above 90ums provided that's the only mistake?

If that's your only mistake, I'm pretty sure you'll get 90+
Well done!
Original post by sweeneyrod
Is it not possible to have for instance FP1, FP2, M1 at AS and FP3, M2, M3 at A2?

I believe that is possible, best checking with your exams officer though!
Original post by sweeneyrod

Well, it's not "at AS", you don't need three AS units in FM - you can have less than that. You can get 90% average across your three best modules not including FP2 and get the A* if that's what you're asking. In fact, you could get 90% across three applied A2 units and flunk both FP2/3 and still get an A* iirc.
If that's your only mistake, I'm pretty sure you'll get 90+
Well done!

well i think it's my only mistake xD the only other thing i may have messed up on is the argand diagram or series. for the argand i didn't put the value of argument but just the position would i still get the 2 marks for it also for the series i think i may have
Could anybody tell me the questions in order and how much they were worth? Not the whole question just the outline of the main idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending