The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by mattyt307
I got x<-6 x>3 and 1<x<2 lol

SAME. I GOT THIS EXACTLY (but the less than/more than and EQUAL to sign)
Original post by KB_97
No way!! That's too high. Loads of people found it so hard. There's people (including myself) that have straight up lost out chunks of marks as well as stupid mistakes. I think we should do a poll for what people think an A grade boundary will be.

See the updated post. Most people had complaints on the last question, but you could work out part b and c without part a. (Adding the two equations gives you 2secx=-5.2
, secx = -13/5
cosx=-5/13
Original post by Cascadess
On the integration by parts of ln(3x)/x multiplied by something or whatever it was, i got the integration by parts..... but then with the rotating around an axis... how did people make the numerator ln(3x) because it was squared???

you bring the 2 down because its ln, so it will be 2ln3x/x anf then bring the 2 out next to pie and do and it will ln3x/x then continue
I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8
Anyone got x<-6 and x>3 for the third question?
Also, what did you get for substitution? I got something like 18/3 or 18/2 (can't remember really)
The second part of integration by parts question: anyone had to use integration by parts twice?
I was able to do every single past paper in less than an hour and get an A*, but not this one.. so, I believe grade boundaries should be much lower
Reply 485
I'm hoping for about 50-53 for an A because it looks like people either ran out of time/missed out some questions/silly mistakes and people found it generally more difficult than their other papers. Someone please make a poll thing so we can vote
Pretty sure x^2>>mod so it was my answer but after this exam I have no clue. Was getting 100% in my c3 but that test was a disgrace.
Original post by tanyapotter
65 for an A?! 64 was an A* last year, and that paper was really easy.
Are you trolling?

deffo a troll
Original post by Mowerharvey
What did everyone get for tbe range?

Think I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8 or something
Original post by hish11
Got straight A*/A students saying they dropped 15 marks, at least.
Reckon
a*-61
a-57
b-54
c-51
d-47

It will never been 60 for an A*. Maths is the most subscribed subject for AQA , inevitably with students skewing the grade boundaries.

Add 3 to each, then it'll a be more sensible prediction. Saying that, it was not a hard paper.
Original post by KB_97
SAME. I GOT THIS EXACTLY (but the less than/more than and EQUAL to sign)

remember its the modulus of 5x-something or whatever, so if you sketch the graphs/have a graphical calculator you'll see they dont interest at -6

answer should be 1<<x<<2 x>>3
I should get an A* (assuming an A* will be 30 marks).

That was an unacceptably hard paper and it's unfair for AQA to make this year's paper so hard in comparison to all the papers. I can say a goodbye to my firm uni that's for sure, and now I genuine think I'll be going through clearing.
Original post by khuman97
you bring the 2 down because its ln, so it will be 2ln3x/x anf then bring the 2 out next to pie and do and it will ln3x/x then continue

I was thinking of doing that, but I thought that ln(3x)^2 was different to ln(3x^2)? Like can't you only bring down the 2 if it's in the ln?
Original post by Pablo Picasso
I did the paper. Excpet from one, no questions were challenging. It's all overexaggeration

Joes like you are the reason ISIS exists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
Got straight A*/A students saying they dropped 15 marks, at least.
Reckon
a*-61
a-55
b-50
c-45
d-40
(edited 7 years ago)
1465987282965-2080500499.jpgRange question
Reply 496
Original post by Marelitza

I was able to do every single past paper in less than an hour and get an A*, but not this one.. so, I believe grade boundaries should be much lower

Same. I used to finish the paper in less than an hour but I was working till the last second for this one. They should be much lower
I was thinking of doing that, but I thought that ln(3x)^2 was different to ln(3x^2)? Like can't you only bring down the 2 if it's in the ln?

Correct, you had to change the integral to
(lnx) * (lnx)/(x^2)

set u=lnx, v'=lnx/x^2
u'=1/x, v=(your answer to the previous part)

and go from there

I'm sticking by

100 UMS - 70 (maybe 69)
A* - 62
A - 55
B - 51
C - 46
D - 41
E - 36
Original post by the1pedro
I got f(x) </= 8ln8 -8

Me too! I was getting scared. Hopefully its right.

You're right it was (ln3x)^2 which can't be written as anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending