The Student Room Group

do your gcse grades matter?

I don't want to be a laughing stock but I've passed the essentials. English Lan-C English Lit-B, Food Tech-D, Work Skills-Pass, Science Btec-Pass, Maths- G.

Can I still be a midwife? I a very dedicated and after NCS which is designed to give me a confidence boost, I believe I will be ready to face pretty much anything.

Please help...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You might need to get English and Maths to a B or above for some courses, have a look on uni websites and see what the requirements are. Midwifery typically requires a lot of work experience to make a successful application.
Original post by JRKinder
You might need to get English and Maths to a B or above for some courses, have a look on uni websites and see what the requirements are. Midwifery typically requires a lot of work experience to make a successful application.

I have a B/C in English. I'm just so worried potentially because I never get proper work experience. I always end up in my school which really sucks. I know I have autism but they should let me outside in the real world, btw I failed most gcses and feel like I've let my fam down. Worcester uni requires 120 ucas points whereas BCU requires 320.
GCSE grades are important in the prospect that they enable you to pick your A Level courses. But in terms of University Applications, your A-Level grades are what they look for rather than your GCSEs. (with the exception of Maths and English in particular)
Employers also look at both your A-Level and GCSE grades as well.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest