The Student Room Group

biomedical science to medicine what should I do

Hello Everyone

I will be going to study biomedical science in uni , I currently have level 2 functional skills in maths , and I have a 4-3 in GCSE science.

I am thinking about resting maths gcse , but not gcse science. I would like to ask if I get a decent grade in my biomedical science will my GCSES really matter. If I do end up getting gcse maths will me not having gcse science affect my chances.

if not would anyone suggest me doing a foundation year In medicine back to undergraduate. Someone please help!
Reply 1
Original post by unknown26229
Hello Everyone

I will be going to study biomedical science in uni , I currently have level 2 functional skills in maths , and I have a 4-3 in GCSE science.

I am thinking about resting maths gcse , but not gcse science. I would like to ask if I get a decent grade in my biomedical science will my GCSES really matter. If I do end up getting gcse maths will me not having gcse science affect my chances.

if not would anyone suggest me doing a foundation year In medicine back to undergraduate. Someone please help!

Medicine is very competitive to get into, so even if 2 people both have a first in biomed, they will look at surrounding factors such as experience, and GCSE grades. I suggest looking at university requirements because most of them require at least a grade 4 in your GCSE's anyways, and since science is a core subject, it'll be important as well as maths. I think you should definitely check their entry requirements for both foundation year and normal entry.

Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by lilalzz
Medicine is very competitive to get into, so even if 2 people both have a first in biomed, they will look at surrounding factors such as experience, and GCSE grades. I suggest looking at university requirements because most of them require at least a grade 4 in your GCSE's anyways, and since science is a core subject, it'll be important as well as maths. I think you should definitely check their entry requirements for both foundation year and normal entry.

Best of luck!

Thank You !

Would you suggest me putting one or 2 medicine with a foundation year unis after finishing biomed?.

I have found some unis which allow level 2 for graduate medicine and some unis that don’t care about GCSEs as much but I know that in the end it does matter and they will look into that. My dream is to study medicine but my grades in gcse will not help me in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest