The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sabahshahed294
Anyone? :frown:

see below
Original post by samb1234
see below

Ty so much!
Original post by C0balt
Where can i get Jan 16?

I've attached it below. :smile:

You want the max amount of the complex, which has one metal ion and 2 two ligands. Therefore the max is going to be when the ratio of metal to ligand is 1:2, so B (as for example if I have 50/50 then I can only have 2.5cm^3 of the metal reacting with ligand)

I get it now - that was my initial notion as well, to have 1:2 since the conc. is the same.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Mate 78 is like a solid score for me on the NORMAL ONES LOL YOU'RE INSANE!!!!! (In a good way)

ikr? I would be happy with that in my U4, let alone U5 hahahah

if Samb is this good in his 4th subject, i can't imagine what a god he'd be in others xD
Original post by Ayman!

I get it now - that was my initial notion as well, to have 1:2 since the conc. is the same.

Cheers man
Original post by Ayman!

were there any questions from the jan 15 one btw? I personally didn't like the whole paper seemed a lot harder than most of the ones i've done before
@Ayman! Chemistry is his 4th subject?!?! Wat the flipping heck xD He's on a whole 'nother level hahaha
Um this is a slightly late question but what do ppl think will be full UMS mark for unit 4
were there any questions from the jan 15 one btw? I personally didn't like the whole paper seemed a lot harder than most of the ones i've done before

Only number 2. I think I figured it out though. I think you need to consider the number of OH- as well. I'll be coming out with a whole list of problems I've run into once I'm done with the past papers. 😂

How's your physics 4 btw? Mine is actually pretty decent atm.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Original post by Ayman!
Only number 2. I think I figured it out though. I think you need to consider the number of OH- as well. I'll be coming out with a whole list of problems I've run into once I'm done with the past papers. 😂

OH- doesn't matter you just have to consider the oxidation states

N goes from +5 to - 3 so 8 electrons on the LHS
Al goes from 0 to +3 so 3 electrons on the RHS
Common multiple is 24 so multiply first half eq by 3 and second by 8 to cancel the e- therefore D
Original post by Ayman!

Nah you can ignore the OH-. Looking at ox states, OH is same, Nitrogen is -8 and Al is +3. So Al loses 3 electrons, and nitrogen gains 8 so by lowest common multiple electrons transferred are 24, so 8 Al and 3 nitrogen. Physics 4 is fine atm, currently on my third paper for it
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Honestly I have no clue

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, so if you add hcn in kcn, the cn- attacks the carbonyl group, eventually forming thr hydroxy-nitrile. You can then hydrolyse the cn group to the carboxylic acid group with an aqueous acid under reflux.
Original post by sabahshahed294
IAL Unit 5 papers are depressing. :sigh::sad: I did two of them and I feel like I know nothing! :colonhash: :'(

exactly! are they meant to be harder or what? it made me feel so unprepared.
@Ayman! Chemistry is his 4th subject?!?! Wat the flipping heck xD He's on a whole 'nother level hahaha

Thanks I guess haha, Hope unit 5 goes well for you, as well as all the other annoying exams next week
To be honest, I'm not gonna bother with the IALs. We only have 3 days or something until our exams and I have UK ones still to do + I don't want to be demoralised so close to the exam.. XD
Thanks I guess haha, Hope unit 5 goes well for you, as well as all the other annoying exams next week

Thanks mah dood! You too :smile:
To be honest, I'm not gonna bother with the IALs. We only have 3 days or something until our exams and I have UK ones still to do + I don't want to be demoralised so close to the exam.. XD

im thinking of doing the same thing, but why are the ial exams so hard?
When making benzendiazonium should the temp range be 0-5 or 0-10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

i usually just say at 5 lol
Reply 1579

0-10

Quick Reply

Latest