The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Business Boy
Are you confusing Primark with North Korea?

Are you confusing North Korea with the US?
Original post by Daniel6
Seemed to lower than others from what I noticed? 50% was a C.

Ah fair point; it's just that I really need an A on the exam so I'm looking at the 60/80 grade boundary for As. I think that's pretty damn high for an exam with such a humongous need for not only theory, but a crap ton of facts and case studies.
Original post by IzzyWalker
Good examples of takeovers/mergers which have an haven't been successful...with a lil description?

HP and Autonmy failed due to a culture clash. HP = bureaucratic type business where decisions are made slow and is inefficient in a rapidly changing market like technology. Autonmy on the other hand had a democratic culture where decisions were made fast and therefore were suited for technology. HPs takeover of Autonmy led to their bureaucratic influence and therefore removal ofnthe democratic culture, leading to Autonmy losing 8.8 billion dollars in market value.

thats all i got
Good examples of takeovers/mergers which have an haven't been successful...with a lil description?

Ebay and skype. Ebay bought skype but sold them only a few years later as they couldn't find a way to integrate their technological systems. Guess you could say despite both companies being successful that the two were far too different to attempt to join together and that's why it didn't work.
Original post by SohaXO
Are you confusing North Korea with the US?

So you think the US encourages child labour.
Original post by Caius Filimon
Ah fair point; it's just that I really need an A on the exam so I'm looking at the 60/80 grade boundary for As. I think that's pretty damn high for an exam with such a humongous need for not only theory, but a crap ton of facts and case studies.

The amount of research and knowledge you need to retain does seem pretty high. This exam I don't feel all that comfortable with for that reason. I kind of feel a C should be under 50% for this one.
Reply 666

..... anyway.

let me leave this here:

Spoiler

Original post by Daniel6
The amount of research and knowledge you need to retain does seem pretty high. This exam I don't feel all that comfortable with for that reason. I kind of feel a C should be under 50% for this one.

Yeah, hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower this time around.

Or, perhaps, the marking is simply quite lenient and people can make up stats and figures.

Business should have low grade boundaries because a lot of people go for it. A lot of people who don't want much to do with it but just take it as an easy A level. The AS is very easy and so few people will be made to drop it, and so they should carry it on to A level where they'll get Es and Ds.

But either way, I'm sure you can manage more than C. If you don't need more than a C, then use that to your advantage as you won't be stressed.

Good luck!
Original post by SohaXO
..... anyway.

let me leave this here:

Spoiler

Haha the Daily Fail. 60p is a good wage anyway.
Anyone have any more examples?

Ethical businesses -
Primark
Costa Coffee
Starbucks
BP
Volkswagen

Good leadership -
BHS
Woolworths
Blockbusters
Reply 670
Haha the Daily Fail. 60p is a good wage anyway.

To you... maybe.

To me... no.

I don't live in such poverty, and neither should they, but you... eh, maybe.
Original post by ddiimmaa123
HP and Autonmy failed due to a culture clash. HP = bureaucratic type business where decisions are made slow and is inefficient in a rapidly changing market like technology. Autonmy on the other hand had a democratic culture where decisions were made fast and therefore were suited for technology. HPs takeover of Autonmy led to their bureaucratic influence and therefore removal ofnthe democratic culture, leading to Autonmy losing 8.8 billion dollars in market value.

thats all i got

That's a really good one actually, hadn't even thought of it....thank you SO much! :smile:
Original post by SohaXO
To you... maybe.

To me... no.

I'd do a lot of things for 60p.
Original post by SohaXO
To you... maybe.

To me... no.

Far more to life than disposable income. Philosophy might help with that.

But then again, disposable income is nice =p
That's a really good one actually, hadn't even thought of it....thank you SO much! :smile:

I don't need thanks, I just need nudes.

snapchat = ddiimmaa123

The US does in fact encourage child labor. Look at how it ignores the actions of its own corporations.

Lobbying for the win, huh?
Original post by ddiimmaa123
I don't need thanks, I just need nudes.

snapchat = ddiimmaa123

Inb4 male nudes
Original post by Caius Filimon
The US does in fact encourage child labor. Look at how it ignores the actions of its own corporations.

Lobbying for the win, huh?

We were talking about in the US dingus.
What models could retrenchment and then leadership be linked with and how?
We were talking about in the US dingus.

The US has one of the highest percentages of child poverty in the Western world (20%). You could still argue the same. Besides, if so, you must be terrible at communicating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending