The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA5 - 28th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireBLue97
I thought this too what was ur answer for this

Something very small 0.0 something. Don't remember exactly Just the length in km * 1000 * answer from part a
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ahlam H
Did anyone get 2100J and 2500J for the last 2 questions on nuclear physics

1.8x10^4 -1.5510x10^4 gives 2.1x10^3
next part 2.5x10^4
Did anyone actually used the information of 1 mol of the gas occupies a volume of 0.04 something in the question? I didn't use it at all. For the first part I just did (p1 x V1 / T1) = (p2 x V2 / T2). The next part I just did a simple deduction. I can't remember what I did for the rest.
What did you guys do for the 4 marker that was like if the luminosity of a star is constantly changing, what are the implications of its distance to earth
Original post by kingaaran
I got 0.066 moles I think. You had to work out the constant of proportionality between P, V and T, use the formula to work out the new volume in the first part and divide the constant by 8.31 to get the number of moles in the second

Could it not be 0.067 because they gave you the volume it occupied for 1 mole, so you do the volume initially divided by the volume of 1 mole?
Original post by FireBLue97
1.8x10^4 -1.5510x10^4 gives 2.1x10^3
next part 2.5x10^4

what was he question?
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Did anyone actually used the information of 1 mol of the gas occupies a volume of 0.04 something in the question? I didn't use it at all. For the first part I just did (p1 x V1 / T1) = (p2 x V2 / T2). The next part I just did a simple deduction. I can't remember what I did for the rest.

yes you needed it to work out density
Original post by Haleema567
Could it not be 0.067 because they gave you the volume it occupied for 1 mole, so you do the volume initially divided by the volume of 1 mole?

Yes you could do that

I did, both would give the same answer.
Original post by -jordan-
I did, both would give the same answer.

So are you saying I could have ignored the 1 mol of the gas occupies a volume of 0.04 something in the question and still work out the answers for every part of the question?
Could someone if they have the paper please upload photos of it. Its the only way to actually check what the answers are rather than everyone guessing.
So are you saying I could have ignored the 1 mol of the gas occupies a volume of 0.04 something in the question and still work out the answers for every part of the question?

Yeah. For Boyle's law to apply the number of moles is constant.

You could have used that knowledge to quickly work out the mols by doing (1/0.04)*<actual volume of the gas>

Alternatively you could use the ideal gas equations to find it.
Original post by Mattematics
No, because you needed it to work out the mass to get the density.

You didn't. You could work out the number of moles using pV=nRT and it would give you the same answer.
Original post by kingaaran
got that

Got something like that. Got theta= 42

Posted from TSR Mobile
.Could someone if they have the paper please upload photos of it. Its the only way to actually check what the answers are rather than everyone guessing . ...
Reply 835
will there be any model answers for section A??

Also for the questioon that said to right two thinngs to make the sentence about volume being inversely proportionl to pressure; did anyone say mass of the gas? I couldnt think of another one so thats what i put down
Original post by WashingPowder
13530768_485891404935497_2072197223_n.jpg , I think alot of people when calculating specific charge are forgetting you cannot caluclate v using ev= 1/2 mv^2 , because this would require you knowing the electrons charge/ mass which avoids the whole point of calculating specific charge.

You can do it like this too, the blue v is velocity, the black V is voltage. You get the velocity from this and you just go from there.
Is anyone going to make an unofficial mark scheme for the nuclear paper?
Original post by boyyo
will there be any model answers for section A??

Also for the questioon that said to right two thinngs to make the sentence about volume being inversely proportionl to pressure; did anyone say mass of the gas? I couldnt think of another one so thats what i put down

I said mass is constant and temperature is constant.
Reply 839
And did anyone get c of ice cube to be about 2100 for the last part of that thermal question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending