I think it's 1/4 since that's the distance from an antinode to a node

although its not?
Original post by -jordan-
This is what I thought too.

This is 1/4 of a wavelength:
1:4.png

This is 1/2 a wavelength:
Attachment not found

Do you rmemeber what the question was asking?
Original post by SirRaza97
Do you rmemeber what the question was asking?

Minimum distance the reflector could be moved in order to go from maximum detection of the waves to minimum. So constructive interference to destructive.
Is there an unofficial mark scheme or anything yet? I'd like to confirm that I've probably got a D oops
5C thread anyone?
This is what I thought too.

This is 1/4 of a wavelength:
1:4.png

This is 1/2 a wavelength:
Attachment not found

I did divide by a half but it's definitely divide by a quater.

Half gives you the distance between 2 nodes.
But

Node = minimum strength.

Antinode= maximum strength.

So to get the distance between minimum and maximum strengths, divide by a quater
Original post by perpetua
Applied physics anyone? What did u get for the efficiency

34.5%

Posted from TSR Mobile
My turning points answers:

1)
a) Cathode rays are electrons, specific charge was 1800x that of a H+ ion, so mass is very light.
b) Electron beam collides with the gas atoms, causes ionisation, the gas gets excited and then de-excites, emiting photos in the visible light spectrum.
c) 9.1x10^10 for the calculated specific charge.
a) 6 marker. Increasing potential difference increases work that needs to be done against the potential difference for electrons to move across the gap, as you increase the potential difference the current will increase. Therefore the kinetic energy of the electrons will be reduced. At the point where current is zero is the stopping potential. Can be used to find the maximum kinetic energy by calculating eV. Einstein's equation is hf = thi + ekmax where ekmax can be replaced by eV and used to find the work function or the frequency.
b) Work function - can't remember.
c) Can't remember what I got here either - 21 or 25?

3)
a Electric field and magnetic field, 180 degrees in phase
b) Increasing the distance means that it reflects back at a different point in the wave cycle, so a different number of wavelengths is reflected back, the phase difference is different and therefore they destructively interfere rather than constructively interfere
c) Should be 0.034m
d) Speed of light is 3x10^8 - I was unsure about this one. Did anyone think it was a poorly worded question? What did they mean by the ORIGINAL assumption that light was electromagnetic? Did that mean the assumption before this experiment, or the very first instance?

4) a) Show that question.
b) Something very small, show that answer from part a * distance * 1000

Probably should add the fact that 3b was largely about the fact that stationery waves are formed
How many marks was the intensity question worth (Q2), and the cylinder of air one (Q3)? And what was the other question, Q1 was radius and Q5. was heat capacity?

How many marks was Q2 worth for TP and Q3? The ones with the stopping potential and electromagnetic waves

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mango Milkshake
for the first question, did you use the angle as 42.5? in sintheta

yeah. I'm sure they'll probably take anything between 40 and 45.
Original post by radiohedge
yeah. I'm sure they'll probably take anything between 40 and 45.

Do you remember how many marks was Q1 worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
Do you remember how many marks was Q1 worth?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that was Q1 but Q1 was worth 10 marks if I remember correctly. Why?
Last question: what was the question for the fission and fusion following the first one about why either are on either side of the graph, the one before working out the mass difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
Last question: what was the question for the fission and fusion following the first one about why either are on either side of the graph, the one before working out the mass difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question about why fusion released more energy than fission?
I missed all the stuff but nobody seems to do applied here wtf lol
I can't remember any of my answers. I was so desperate to get out of the exam my mind was somewhere else lmao. Prob lost marks for Boyle's law assumption, adding bg radiation back, six marker as always, and some picky ass MS for the fusion/fission business, and a couple on applied due to six mark, but who cares, WE ARE DONE WITH A LEVELS
The question about why fusion released more energy than fission?

That was part a, I think. There was one after that and before the Q about mass defect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
That was part a, I think. There was one after that and before the Q about mass defect

Posted from TSR Mobile

The questions were from what I can remember in no order:

- Why fission and fusion is restricted to parts of the graph?
- Why fusion releases more energy?
- Mass defect of oxygen?
- The energy released when oxygen forms?
- How can you use the graph to calculate the binding energy of oxygen?
Original post by C0balt
I missed all the stuff but nobody seems to do applied here wtf lol
I can't remember any of my answers. I was so desperate to get out of the exam my mind was somewhere else lmao. Prob lost marks for Boyle's law assumption, adding bg radiation back, six marker as always, and some picky ass MS for the fusion/fission business, and a couple on applied due to six mark, but who cares, WE ARE DONE WITH A LEVELS

Applied over here :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The questions were from what I can remember in no order:

- Why fission and fusion is restricted to parts of the graph?
- Why fusion releases more energy?
- Mass defect of oxygen?
- The energy released when oxygen forms?
- How can you use the graph to calculate the binding energy of oxygen?

I think your first 2 questions were 1 question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
I think your first 2 questions were 1 question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they weren't they were seperate questions each 3 marks I think. It would be a lot to ask that in one question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending