The Student Room Group

CCEA AS 2 Physics - Waves, Photons and Medical Physics - 28th June 2016

A discussion board for the last AS physics paper this year in 35 days time.
What's everyone's thoughts on today?
Original post by brokenhyperlink
What's everyone's thoughts on today?

Very happy with the paper, I found it alot nicer than AS1. Except a question or two but overall I am pleased.
I think it was a nice paper but I ran out of time. I didn't like the drawing superposition question you had to do and some weird definitions that you had to write/i couldn't remember. I was so happy the big marker was lenses and not some big ugly one about wave particle duality or a lot more on medical physics.
I think it was a nice paper but I ran out of time. I didn't like the drawing superposition question you had to do and some weird definitions that you had to write/i couldn't remember. I was so happy the big marker was lenses and not some big ugly one about wave particle duality or a lot more on medical physics.

That wavelength one was a bit weird in the double slit experiment question which you had to calculate from the path difference.
Original post by jackpcraig
That wavelength one was a bit weird in the double slit experiment question which you had to calculate from the path difference.

I was able to get them no problem. 3rd dark fringe has a path difference of 2.5(lamda) which equalled what 1.96 something? So (lamda) equals that number divided by 2.5 ... or thats how i done it atleast
Did anyone get a phase difference of 60 for question 2/3 for those 2 waves on the graph? And does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was able to get them no problem. 3rd dark fringe has a path difference of 2.5(lamda) which equalled what 1.96 something? So (lamda) equals that number divided by 2.5 ... or thats how i done it atleast

Yeah I divided the path difference we got by 2.5.
Original post by FoneyBaloney14
Did anyone get a phase difference of 60 for question 2/3 for those 2 waves on the graph? And does anyone have a copy of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 72 degrees phase difference
Original post by FoneyBaloney14

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 72. Teachers don't get the paper until 24 hours after the exam
Did you get the angle of incidence to be 46.3 degrees? For the prism. People in my class got mixed answers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
I got 72. Teachers don't get the paper until 24 hours after the exam

In our school the teachers often have the paper before the exam is even finished!

I thought the paper was more difficult than AS1, but it wasn't too bad. I had no clue what the electron arrangement in lasers was though.
Original post by jackpcraig
Did you get the angle of incidence to be 46.3 degrees? For the prism. People in my class got mixed answers.

i cant remember, if someone has the actual question or remembers it i could get the answer
Original post by DanBing
In our school the teachers often have the paper before the exam is even finished!

I thought the paper was more difficult than AS1, but it wasn't too bad. I had no clue what the electron arrangement in lasers was though.

Yeah I had no idea either, did anyone else have any idea? I just wrote about population inversion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending