The Student Room Group

Alton Sterling is the 558th person to be killed by US police in 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Truths
Not necessarily. This is a false dichotomy.

I think I'll take the words of the experts.
Original post by Truths
So it's still legal...

Which do you think is the more reasonable assumption: poor black man does or does not have concealed carry permit? Oh, and I'd you go and check the criteria to get a permit, it is completely illegal no matter what for a civilian to conceal carry a handgun, the permits are for long barrel weapons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Jammy Duel
Which do you think is the more reasonable assumption: poor black man does or does not have concealed carry permit? Oh, and I'd you go and check the criteria to get a permit, it is completely illegal no matter what for a civilian to conceal carry a handgun, the permits are for long barrel weapons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong again.

http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chapplication.pdf

Bye.

And how about you look at the supporting documentation, it actually says clear as day that the inky way the deceased is not breaking the law is if the gun was planted

"Additionally, when any peace officer approaches a permittee in an official manner or with an identified purpose, the permittee shall:

Notify the officer that he has a weapon on his person;
Submit to a pat down;
Allow the officer to temporarily disarm him."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
And how about you look at the supporting documentation, it actually says clear as day that the inky way the deceased is not breaking the law is if the gun was planted

"Additionally, when any peace officer approaches a permittee in an official manner or with an identified purpose, the permittee shall:

Submit to a pat down;
Allow the officer to temporarily disarm him."

Posted from TSR Mobile

You was still wrong Hun. You said Lousiana doesn't allow conceal carry. That was false.
Take the L and let it go :h:
Original post by Truths
You was still wrong Hun. You said Lousiana doesn't allow conceal carry. That was false.
Take the L and let it go :h:

So now YOUR OWN SOURCE (same one I was using, just reading the wrong bit of it) tells you that this poor innocent black person was definitely not so innocent and it suddenly can be thrown out, in your own words, Take the L and let it go.
Reply 86
So now YOUR OWN SOURCE (same one I was using, just reading the wrong bit of it) tells you that this poor innocent black person was definitely not so innocent and it suddenly can be thrown out, in your own words, Take the L and let it go.

It tell me any of that lol. But you've proven multiple times on this thread that you struggle with reading comprehension so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how you interpreted it :smile:
Original post by Truths
It tell me any of that lol. But you've proven multiple times on this thread that you struggle with reading comprehension so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how you interpreted it :smile:

Try reading it yourself, open you link, click on the link where information can be found, or perhaps if you're too lazy to do that go straight to it, scroll down about three quarters of the way to "DUTIES OF PERMITTEES" and start reading, lo and behold you find:

Additionally, when any peace officer approaches a permittee in an official manner or with an identified purpose, the permittee shall:

Submit to a pat down;

Allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

But then again, that shows that some black person that was shot is breaking the law which goes against the "all cops are taught to randomly shoot black people" conspiracy
Reply 88
Try reading it yourself, open you link, click on the link where information can be found, or perhaps if you're too lazy to do that go straight to it, scroll down about three quarters of the way to "DUTIES OF PERMITTEES" and start reading, lo and behold you find:

But then again, that shows that some black person that was shot is breaking the law which goes against the "all cops are taught to randomly shoot black people" conspiracy

He wasn't given a chance:

Shop owner Abdullah Muflahi told the Advocate that the officers were "aggressive" from the start, and that Sterling was armed but was not holding his gun and didn’t have his hand near his pocket at the time of the shooting.

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/6/12105380/alton-sterling-police-shooting-baton-rouge-louisiana
Original post by Truths
He wasn't given a chance:

Umm, if a police officer is pointing a gun at you and you have concealed carry that does not stop you saying "I have a concealed fire arm," when tackled you're still able to say "I have a concealed firearm," when continuing to resist you can still say "I have a concealed firearm." It's a statement that takes about two seconds to shout, how long was the first video, about 20s or so before the shot was fired, how many times did you hear the statement? Ummm, it wasn't made.
Original post by StrawbAri
There was no need for him to be shot. He was already pinned down and incapacitated.

Unless he was still refusing to drop his firearm or reaching for the officer's firearm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending