Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
It was only two. See the attachment.*

Thank you!
Turning points ms?
Waiting for that too.
Original post by IsaacMed17
Turning points ms?
Just to let you guys know, the papers are on google drive: https://drive.google.com/a/holyheadschool.org.uk/folderview?id=0B-YN4_YfkBkVbVlSaG5QbVBmV3c&usp=drive_web&urp=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t%3D4

Quoting the source incase link doesn't work.

Original post by SH0405
2016 AS/A2 Results Day Thread GOOD LUCK! SH0405 34 days to go

Having received my A2 results last year, I thought I'd make this thread (again). Below are some useful links (and people) to answer any questions you may have. If you think of something that might be useful, let me know. Good Luck!

(Cropped out)
When do grade boundaries get released? There is no exact time for when grade boundaries are released. However, they are often released a day or so before results.

(Cropped out)

Exam Papers Click here (AQA) [Please note that mark schemes will not be available prior to results day.] [Credit to @Absent Agent] Helpful People* @PQ, @Carnationlilyrose, @usycool1, @Puddles the Monkey, @Changing Skies, @claireestelle, @Nirgilis, @Slowbro93 *Well, they were helpful last year.

Optional modules for unit 5 aren't there unfortunately.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jay1421
Hi! Sadly I can't, as I don't have the Medical Physics paper, nor do I know the specification for it. Sorry! I'm sure somebody else will upload one at some point though :smile:

any closer to the TP mark scheme?
Original post by Jay1421
I think it was definitely harder than 2010, 2011 and 2015 - I think it was pretty on par with 2012 / 2013, not massively difficult but I think there will be reduced grade boundaries compared to the first 3 years I mentioned because there were some 'wordy' questions that could cause some people distress.

Overall, I don't think it was the hardest or easiest paper, rather just in the middle (as I said, 2012, 2013 as a general difficult comparison).

:smile:

2012 and 2013 were around 54 for an A* (108 UMS), do you think that'll be the same for this paper mate?
Does any one have an unofficial ms for the applied section ??
Original post by Mubarak9
Does any one have an unofficial ms for the applied section ??

Is there an unofficial markscheme for turning points
Original post by alex_david97
2012 and 2013 were around 54 for an A* (108 UMS), do you think that'll be the same for this paper mate?

Yeah, I'd say so - about 54 or 55. I definitely don't think it'll go higher than that.
Original post by Jay1421
Yeah, I'd say so - about 54 or 55. I definitely don't think it'll go higher than that.

I would push 56-58. 35 for an A* in the first Section and then 21-23 in TP for an A*. Seems reasonable, no?
I would push 56-58. 35 for an A* in the first Section and then 21-23 in TP for an A*. Seems reasonable, no?

I felt like it was definitely a bit harder than some previous papers. In 2012, 2013 and 2014, the papers which I've say are the best comparison to this one, full UMS was 58, 59 and 57 respectively. I think our paper was a bit harder than those ones, personally, but not enough to make an A* 56-58 in my opinion, given that an A* is 12 less UMS than full.

I might be wrong, I'm not really used to predicting UMS - I've never given it a go before, just felt far more invested in these exams than previous years so I thought I'd make a prediction.

Either way, nothing that anybody can do now :biggrin: we'll find out soon.
Original post by Jay1421
I felt like it was definitely a bit harder than some previous papers. In 2012, 2013 and 2014, the papers which I've say are the best comparison to this one, full UMS was 58, 59 and 57 respectively. I think our paper was a bit harder than those ones, personally, but not enough to make an A* 56-58 in my opinion, given that an A* is 12 less UMS than full.

I might be wrong, I'm not really used to predicting UMS - I've never given it a go before, just felt far more invested in these exams than previous years so I thought I'd make a prediction.

Either way, nothing that anybody can do now :biggrin: we'll find out soon.

Interesting, I found both parts of Unit 5 relatively straightforward, whereas I found Unit 4 moderately difficult. Most people's attitudes were the converse. It'll be interesting to see :tongue:
Interesting, I found both parts of Unit 5 relatively straightforward, whereas I found Unit 4 moderately difficult. Most people's attitudes were the converse. It'll be interesting to see :tongue:

I didn't find them to be particularly difficult questions, I just think that past papers have shown that AQA can sometimes be ridiculously picky such that people who have sound scientific understanding of the concepts end up not getting full marks on 3 markers because they have very specific marking points. This paper had quite a few 'wordy' questions on it that could have tripped people up.

Time will tell. Also, if you're interested, I just finished my Turning Points mark scheme (finally, I've had a lot of stuff to do this past week, unfortunately :frown: )

Uploading now, it'll be up in 3 mins
Original post by AAbdulaziz
Is there an unofficial markscheme for turning points
Original post by alex_david97
any closer to the TP mark scheme?
Turning points ms?

Hey all, sorry for that huge wait - the turning points mark scheme is finally finished. I've had so much to do this week, huge apologies for the inconvenience again.

Here it is!

Hope it helps!

Good luck all!
Original post by Jay1421
Hey all, sorry for that huge wait - the turning points mark scheme is finally finished. I've had so much to do this week, huge apologies for the inconvenience again.

Here it is!

Hope it helps!

Good luck all!

Thanks alot for all your markschemes :smile:
Original post by Jay1421
I didn't find them to be particularly difficult questions, I just think that past papers have shown that AQA can sometimes be ridiculously picky such that people who have sound scientific understanding of the concepts end up not getting full marks on 3 markers because they have very specific marking points. This paper had quite a few 'wordy' questions on it that could have tripped people up.

Time will tell. Also, if you're interested, I just finished my Turning Points mark scheme (finally, I've had a lot of stuff to do this past week, unfortunately :frown: )

Uploading now, it'll be up in 3 mins

For the second question, you could also add on the fact that a light is seen due to recombination*
59/75. A star anybody?
59/75. A star anybody?

Depends which option you did. For Astrophysics I'd say you'd have to be lucky for it to be as low as 59, but the boundaries are a really tough call for this paper.
~60/75 in unit 4
~58/75 in unit 5
43/50 in A2 ISA

Enough for an A*?
Original post by marioman
Depends which option you did. For Astrophysics I'd say you'd have to be lucky for it to be as low as 59, but the boundaries are a really tough call for this paper.

Hi my option was turning points. Usually low boundaries for this option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending