The Student Room Group

IBM Placement

Hi, I passed my IBM technology placement assessment centre in February, however, more than 5 months in the "matching process", I am still waiting for the final business interview. Is anyone else in this situation, or know what I can do from here.
Hey, I was in the same position as you, I did the assessment centre back in February and was in the matching process since then. I got matched to one role pretty quickly after AC but after telephone and face-to-face I was unsuccessful for the role. And then I heard nothing again about being matched to a role until about 2 weeks ago, so for about 3.5 months I was just in the matching process not getting matched to anything, although in that time I did keep getting that 'still matching you to a role' email. So I got matched to another role and through that I finally got an offer. They are still hiring for different offices so hopefully you do hear back from them very soon. I had pretty much given up hope and then out of the blue I got matched.

One thing I might say is try and be a bit more flexible with your preferences, at the AC I had put down South of England/London as my preference, so during that 3.5 months of being in matching process I expanded my preference to include Warwick and thats the office I eventually got in the end, so you can email the recruitment team and they'll change that for you. But also do apply for other placements just in case but i'm sure you are already doing that, I kept waiting to hear back from IBM and in that time I could have applied to many other places, so a lot of deadlines had passed when I finally decided to let go for a bit and apply elsewhere, obviously there were a lot less opportunities out there compared to start of 2016.

All the best, hope you hear back from them soon.
Reply 2
Hi, thank you for replying. How long did it take for IBM to get back to you the second time and you finally getting the offer ?
Original post by majordan
Hi, thank you for replying. How long did it take for IBM to get back to you the second time and you finally getting the offer ?

Sent you a PM.
These things are really long, uh? :/
Reply 5
Original post by Juichiro
These things are really long, uh? :/

Are you in the same scenario and what messages have you been receiving from IBM ?
Are you in the same scenario and what messages have you been receiving from IBM ?

Not currently, I dealt with a company of a similar size.
Reply 7
Original post by Juichiro
Not currently, I dealt with a company of a similar size.

And how did that end if you don't mind me asking ?
And how did that end if you don't mind me asking ?

I was passing everything but the role I wanted got filled out so I stopped the process and I left. They still had some other roles like testing, sales and some mix of IT and business but I wasn't interested in those.
If you want some advice, based on my experiences and talking with some IBM guys, they are really big in communication skills and management skills so any experience where you developed those skills will be key.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending