The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
Yea don't trade in, just wait a couple more days til you have enough. Also note that you automatically get 1 candy for evolution.

Yea only realised the latter point recently! Makes a difference with pidgeys but not many others. So close to level 21..
Just hit level 21 guys and took over a gym. Was feeling a little generous and put my gengar in to hold the fort. =)

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471606607.807647.jpg

Now half way to being able to upgrade my bag. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
What resource you use for IVs? I used the one where you guess the circle but then went to the spreadsheet which should be more accurate but for almost all just gives a range.

I'm using Poke Assistant, I'm not sure about the rules on links so just Google it if you want it :biggrin:. Yeah, without access to Niantic's servers then all the calculators can do is look at the parameters you've set and calculate what IVs would result in that. The reason the first site (I forgot its name :tongue:) was so useful is that it actually accessed Niantic's servers and so it got the correct data immediately from the server. Since Niantic shut the site down (scumbag Niantic) without offering a similar service, that's pretty much impossible to do now.
Guys, don't know if anyone else knows this but it has now been announced how they are going to release the legendary birds. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
image.png

So so close to catching my first 1000...was with only a razz and two great balls as well
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, don't know if anyone else knows this but it has now been announced how they are going to release the legendary birds. =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're referring to this:
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/39491/20160818/pokemon-go-latest-news-release-date-update-legendary-birds-confirmed-trading-mode-will-come-in-the-next-update.htm

Then this is entirely fan made, there's been no official comment by Niantic.

EDIT: If you're not referring to this, then hit us up with a link pls. Can't find anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tomtjl
If you're referring to this:
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/39491/20160818/pokemon-go-latest-news-release-date-update-legendary-birds-confirmed-trading-mode-will-come-in-the-next-update.htm

Then this is entirely fan made, there's been no official comment by Niantic.

EDIT: If you're not referring to this, then hit us up with a link pls. Can't find anything.

Ok, maybe I got a little excited... =(
Ok, maybe I got a little excited... =(

Yeah, that was originally a post on Reddit a few days ago. It has some good points, but it is ultimately a very, very flawed idea. For example, all the birds will be 1500 CP - it's already known that they have maximum CPs and since the idea only allows for the capture of one bird, how are they supposed to be powered up? Also, why should a level 2 trainer receive the same CP Pokemon as a level 30 trainer? By the time you reach level 30 any Pokemon below 2000 CP will be almost useless anyway.

Personally, I think birds should be released on a reward-based system. For example, only those that have captured 100+ unique Pokemon will be able to catch the legendary bird of their team. Once this threshold is reached, Willow speaks to the trainer and tells them of a mysterious new Pokemon nearby and asks them to investigate. He also hands them a Master Ball in order to capture this new Pokemon. The legendary bird will then appear when the player has walked 25km after speaking to Willow (with a little progress bar in the top left corner of the screen perhaps) and can be caught instantly with the MB. A system like this would ensure that only those that have caught a significant amount of Pokemon can catch the bird, while also making it very easy to catch once prompted.

I am unsure how the CP would work, as it would be unfair for higher level players to get a better legendary bird without the ability to power it up. Perhaps the CP of the bird is directly correlated to your level and each time you level up, you gain 10 Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos candy? That could work quite well.

Of course, IVs are gonna be a major pain when it comes to the birds. RIP to anybody who gets a 1% legendary bird :tongue:.
Original post by tomtjl
Yeah, that was originally a post on Reddit a few days ago. It has some good points, but it is ultimately a very, very flawed idea. For example, all the birds will be 1500 CP - it's already known that they have maximum CPs and since the idea only allows for the capture of one bird, how are they supposed to be powered up? Also, why should a level 2 trainer receive the same CP Pokemon as a level 30 trainer? By the time you reach level 30 any Pokemon below 2000 CP will be almost useless anyway.

Personally, I think birds should be released on a reward-based system. For example, only those that have captured 100+ unique Pokemon will be able to catch the legendary bird of their team. Once this threshold is reached, Willow speaks to the trainer and tells them of a mysterious new Pokemon nearby and asks them to investigate. He also hands them a Master Ball in order to capture this new Pokemon. The legendary bird will then appear when the player has walked 25km after speaking to Willow (with a little progress bar in the top left corner of the screen perhaps) and can be caught instantly with the MB. A system like this would ensure that only those that have caught a significant amount of Pokemon can catch the bird, while also making it very easy to catch once prompted.

I am unsure how the CP would work, as it would be unfair for higher level players to get a better legendary bird without the ability to power it up. Perhaps the CP of the bird is directly correlated to your level and each time you level up, you gain 10 Moltres/Articuno/Zapdos candy? That could work quite well.

Of course, IVs are gonna be a major pain when it comes to the birds. RIP to anybody who gets a 1% legendary bird :tongue:.

What if you missed throwing the master ball or the legendary bird attacked knocking it away? =l
What if you missed throwing the master ball or the legendary bird attacked knocking it away? =l

Then the animation will work anyway. It could be that the MB isn't for the legendary birds at all though and it's only for Mewtwo, in which case you'll have to use Ultra Balls.
So, just did my second lucky egg evolution run. Managed 67.

Also evolved 8 over 1k, my first 8 :biggrin: Although the highest is a 1424 Vaporeon, not exactly high for now level 22.

And omg 100k exp for next level...insane.
Just caught a 95% Magikarp :biggrin:

15-14-14 or 15-15-13

and I am at 389 candies as well. Gonna be awesome
Found a wild Mr Mime today and a beast 667CP Oddish. =D

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471709988.426244.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woah congratulations! I have been trying to get a decent Oddish as I already have the necessary evolution candies.
Original post by inhuman
Woah congratulations! I have been trying to get a decent Oddish as I already have the necessary evolution candies.

Am beginning to think Mr. Mime may have moved into the Slough area now...
Found 4 today... :s-smilie:
Anyone got a fair idea if pokemon go uses a lot of your data usage? My bill was higher than usual this month but I'm not 100% sure if it because of the app
Caught my first pikachu!!!!!
Reports suggesting that region specific Pokemon have been spawning much more frequently today, potentially in preparation for an incoming trading update.
Went to Holland Park today! I caught about 12 bulbasaurs! So good. Almost half way to a venosaur. :biggrin:
Managed to walk 7 km yesterday farming pokeballs from pokestops (from 0 pokeballs to 38!) And going on another walk today to hopefully catch a few new pokemon :smile:
:pika:

Quick Reply

Latest