The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
FWIW, I ended up with A's in FP2/FP3/S3 which were the only modules I sat in June. Rather annoyed about FP3, was sure I had 75/75 but got 97 UMS, seems to have happened to a few of my friends in other modules as well.

BTW, whilst I'm here - do you have any idea what this means: 14017638_10153895329995773_718080868_n.jpg

It repeats further down on the sheet, except with the codes XFM01 and XMA01. I'm rather concerned, but Track confirms I'm in, so the uni's should have received my results properly?

do you think its possible for the examiner to make a big mistake? like i was going through fp3 sure that i should have got 75/75 but ended up with 79 ums :s-smilie:
Original post by Zacken
Rather annoyed about FP3, was sure I had 75/75 but got 97 UMS, seems to have happened to a few of my friends in other modules as well.

F2 for me haha
Original post by Major-fury
do you think its possible for the examiner to make a big mistake? like i was going through fp3 sure that i should have got 75/75 but ended up with 79 ums :s-smilie:

I don't know, I think tinyhobbit should have the best response. Sorry.

I got 79 as well :/ my favourite module.

To be fair 79 ums was 67/75 right? Not unfeasible that you could lose that much in method marks is it?
got 67/75 on this, legit thought I got like 50/75 lmao

so happy
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
To be fair 79 ums was 67/75 right? Not unfeasible that you could lose that much in method marks is it?

I dont know where i could have gone wrong though I remember i was pretty much looking through the unofficial mark scheme seeing how everything was pretty much right. so confused because most of the questions required integration and i'm certain I checked them on my calculator to see if my result was the same.
Original post by target21859
I got 79 as well :/ my favourite module.

I had spent like 2 weeks going through vectors because of how much I couldn't comprehend them and now i suffer like this :frown: I thought it would be much higher really wanted the A* in further maths... Got 97 in m2, 82 in fp2 and 79 in fp3 i'm hoping fp3 and fp2 go up enough for 90% average :s-smilie:
Did anyone else get lower than expected UMS on FP2? I got my script back and it turns out they gave me 0 for the differential equation question (the second part) because I used the STEP method for solving the integral.
Original post by Louisb19
Did anyone else get lower than expected UMS on FP2? I got my script back and it turns out they gave me 0 for the differential equation question (the second part) because I used the STEP method for solving the integral.

What method is this?
Original post by oShahpo
What method is this?

the integral was e^x sinx.

you use parts twice and then rearrange and solve in terms of the original integral.

you use parts twice and then rearrange and solve in terms of the original integral.

I used the same method and got 98% for FP2, so I am assuming they didn't give me 0 marks.
Original post by oShahpo
I used the same method and got 98% for FP2, so I am assuming they didn't give me 0 marks.

Ok ill get my remark then.

I wonder if there is a way to make sure they don't make the same mistake again.

i did that too. noway that explains why i got such a low mark. have you told them anything? and what have they said?
Original post by ChuckNorriss
i did that too. noway that explains why i got such a low mark. have you told them anything? and what have they said?

I'm going to get my remark on monday. I haven't heard anything yet.
I'm going to get my remark on monday. I haven't heard anything yet.

Might be too much to ask but let me know what happens? pm me or something. if you don't feel comfortable about doing that I understand
Thanks
Original post by ChuckNorriss
Might be too much to ask but let me know what happens? pm me or something. if you don't feel comfortable about doing that I understand
Thanks

It's not to much, I'll keep you updated.

That is the method used in the mark scheme. However the integrating factor was e^(2x). Missing out that 2 would be expensive.
Original post by tiny hobbit
That is the method used in the mark scheme. However the integrating factor was e^(2x). Missing out that 2 would be expensive.

Yeah I know it was e^2x, I was just outlining the method.
Yeah I know it was e^2x, I was just outlining the method.

You've definitely been robbed there I used that method and got 100UMS good luck with the remark :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending