The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caitlinford3
I don't think they're saying that. I just think they're disappointed, as many are, after we worked and worked to get that A* and then the boundaries are the highest they've ever been. It's like someone who was desperate for a B getting a C, or someone desperate for a C getting a D - just because they're aiming for an A* and got an A, despite it being an amazing grade, they still have every right to be disappointed in my opinion :smile:

Preach!

And honestly don't worry about A* in sciences and maths. Just wait until results day :smile: im sure somehow they found extra marks in your paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly. I couldn't really care less if someone else would be "ecstatic" with an 'A'. I counted 168 and I need that A* as do many other people. Some have higher targets and standards along with abilities than others.
Original post by fatima1998
ummm nope, you have to wait until next year because if you resit the exam in November and you'll get the results in January, so it's super late to do a course this year :redface:
you can always discuss with your teachers :yep:

So what would they expect you to do while you resit?
I don't think they're saying that. I just think they're disappointed, as many are, after we worked and worked to get that A* and then the boundaries are the highest they've ever been. It's like someone who was desperate for a B getting a C, or someone desperate for a C getting a D - just because they're aiming for an A* and got an A, despite it being an amazing grade, they still have every right to be disappointed in my opinion :smile:

🙏🏽
I'm literally sat here at my computer scared shitless for tomorrow. 31 hours and 50 mins exactly :frown:
Need an A to do AS level maths... Lord Jesus give me a miracle.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Preach!

And honestly don't worry about A* in sciences and maths. Just wait until results day :smile: im sure somehow they found extra marks in your paper!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

Sure I get that but in theory getting an A rather than an A* isn't that bad as an A is already a great grade wheras getting a D when you need a C can be very much different.

I understand people may be disappointed as they should be, it shows how much they expect of themselves but it is nothing to be ashamed of.
I really did bad at maths so goodbye grades. It was fun while you were low

Now I have an Adele song for you
Hello, I'm dead
I know I said some things i
Now regret I said
It feels horrible
Everything
They say revision is supposed to help but it did nothing for me
Hello?
Can you hear us?
I'm on The Student Room
Dreaming of results day
on horrible
Thursday
I'd forgotten how bad I did when I took those exams
It's obvious
You do not care
But I'm running out of hope
So
Hello from the student's side.
Can't edexcel see that we tried?
To get good grades
To feel good in ourselves
Do our dream courses
Thought you'd be thoughtful
Hello from the lost side
Can't you see I bloody tried?
To revise so hard, do the A grade work
Now you've shoved it back
In my face and that hurts

I'm probably very out of lyrics with that song but I can't sleep and I wanted to express my emotions

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Luke Collinson
I'm literally sat here at my computer scared shitless for tomorrow. 31 hours and 50 mins exactly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did wjec history grade boundaries decrease? That site is confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alihawa
So what would they expect you to do while you resit?

what did you pick for your A levels?
oh well tbh i donthave much to complain abt since the marks i counted were higher than 170 but they could easily drop, r.e i found quite easy because of how i revised.. im just praying i get an A* in maths cuz im doing it next year, and hopefully they post the grade boundaries so theres less confusion over whether its fake or not
Original post by Blobar
Sure I get that but in theory getting an A rather than an A* isn't that bad as an A is already a great grade wheras getting a D when you need a C can be very much different.

I understand people may be disappointed as they should be, it shows how much they expect of themselves but it is nothing to be ashamed of.

I understand your point but I had a bad maths day and so I can either scrape an A* or be a mark or two off. And considering the fact I need this A* in order to do the subject I want to do for my A Levels and doing the right subject in a uni for the career I want then I think this A* does mean a lot to me. Not ashamed just devestated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blobar

I need A* to do FM so it's as important for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeMcG
Exactly. I couldn't really care less if someone else would be "ecstatic" with an 'A'. I counted 168 and I need that A* as do many other people. Some have higher targets and standards along with abilities than others.

In that case you weren't upto the standard of an A* this time unfortunately for you as Edexcel see it. If you indeed get an A that is.

The grade boundaries are as they are to be fair to people of past years and this years paper must have been easier, can't say I've seen it though.

Cookies are appreciated
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I really did bad at maths so goodbye grades. It was fun while you were low

Now I have an Adele song for you
Hello, I'm dead
I know I said some things i
Now regret I said
It feels horrible
Everything
They say revision is supposed to help but it did nothing for me
It's obvious
You do not care
But I'm running out of hope
So
Hello from the student's side.
Can't edexcel see that we tried?
To get good grades
To feel good in ourselves
Do our dream courses
Thought you'd be thoughtful
Hello from the lost side
Can't you see I bloody tried?
To revise so hard, do the A grade work
Now you've shoved it back
In my face and that hurts

I'm probably very out of lyrics with that song but I can't sleep and I wanted to express my emotions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im crying😂😂 holy moly I can't stop laughing😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone else do German?
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest