The Student Room Group

UMS help please.

I got my GCSEs today and I'm wondering whether it would be worth getting some remarked. I'm currently trying to see how far off I am from the next grade boundary but the UMS is confusing me, so I would appreciate some help.
If anyone knows how to help I'll attach an image of my results.

Thank you for your time.
Original post by leo_147
I got my GCSEs today and I'm wondering whether it would be worth getting some remarked. I'm currently trying to see how far off I am from the next grade boundary but the UMS is confusing me, so I would appreciate some help.

Thank you for your time.

Go for it - we're all here to help!
Original post by leo_147

Thank you for your time.

Go ahead and attach your results, we'll explain them for you! :biggrin:
Reply 3
image.jpg
Original post by _gcx
Go ahead and attach your results, we'll explain them for you! :biggrin:

I would just like to know how far away I am from the next grade! Thank you so much for your help. Also do you think getting it remarked is worth the risk as it could go down x
Reply 4
Original post by usycool1
Go for it - we're all here to help!

image.jpgI would just like to know how far away I am from the next grade! Thank you so much for your help. Also do you think getting it remarked is worth the risk as it could go down x
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by leo_147
image.jpg

I would just like to know how far away I am from the next grade! Thank you so much for your help. Also do you think getting it remarked is worth the risk as it could go down x

Ok, I'll have a go at converting them! (may take a bit though)
Reply 6
Original post by _gcx
Ok, I'll have a go at converting them! (may take a bit though)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it x
Original post by leo_147
image.jpg

For UMS, the A* boundary is 90%, the A boundary is 80%, the B boundary is 70% etc. For your subjects, you got the following percentages:

Art and Design: 89.5% (practically an A*!!)
RS: 88%
Business: 79.5% (practically an A!!)
Mathematics: 78%
German: 75%
English Language: 78%
English Literature: 81%
Biology: 80.75%
Chemistry: 77%
Physics: 77.25%
Geography: Not completely sure, sorry.

Well done for your results!
Reply 8
Original post by Plagioclase
For UMS, the A* boundary is 90%, the A boundary is 80%, the B boundary is 70% etc. For your subjects, you got the following percentages:

Thank you! So do you think it's worth asking for a remark for business and art?
Original post by leo_147
Thank you! So do you think it's worth asking for a remark for business and art?

For your information I've just worked out Geography and I think you got 86.7%. Regarding Art and Design I honestly don't know, I've heard that remarks have become harsher this year but I genuinely don't know if there's much/any truth to that. In both of those cases you were very close (and in the case of Art and Design there's a decent degree of subjectivity so there's potentially more room for moving around) so I guess you could if you have the money to spare, but only if you think it's worth it.

Beat me to it ^ XD

@leo_147 I'd say it might be worth getting your Art remarked, as you're only 1 UMS, or one raw off.
Reply 11
Original post by _gcx
Beat me to it ^ XD

@leo_147 I'd say it might be worth getting your Art remarked, as you're only 1 UMS, or one raw off.

I'm going to speak to my teachers see what they think! Thank you for your help.
Reply 12
For your information I've just worked out Geography and I think you got 86.7%. Regarding Art and Design I honestly don't know, I've heard that remarks have become harsher this year but I genuinely don't know if there's much/any truth to that. In both of those cases you were very close (and in the case of Art and Design there's a decent degree of subjectivity so there's potentially more room for moving around) so I guess you could if you have the money to spare, but only if you think it's worth it.

I'm going to see what my teachers think! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest