The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Guys, when I got home I burst into tears about my results but looking at people at school who got Us I feel I did pretty good. No, I didn't get A*s and no, I can't do a fourth A-Level but you know what? I had 57% attendance which is atrocious and I got 1 A? Bloody hell I should be grateful! I am lucky, I should be happy, you guys got good grades because you were in school, I wasn't and I should learn that. My bad immune system is starting to get better so I'm going to college with my head up high, I'm making new friends and I am thinking you all for the past few weeks. You got me through and I have so much to thank you for. I've met some brilliant people on here and even one who's going to my college. I hope we all stay in touch on here and I hope you do well with your futures. I'm glad I had a sleep, it's made me realise how great today really was. My friends abandoned me but hey? They're not worth it.

Now let me tell you a story. In year 6 we got our SATs results and I got 5a in English and maths. My year 5 teacher called me in and told me if my bad attendance was like that in secondary school, a girl like me won't ever get Cs, and I got more Bs than Cs in the end. I had only three hours sleep this morning so that's what got me down. Life is looking up. Speech over.

P.S thank you though guys, this site got me those grades and it got me the strength to pull through the last fourteen days. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was 6 UMS off of getting an A in Edexcel English language and I was wondering if anyone has any idea how many marks that would equate to as the converter on the website only does the main exams and not the combined total with the controlled assessments.
Reply 5242
Original post by shohaib712
Can somebody give a link to cie igcse english grade boundaries!!!!

http://www.igcsecentre.com/cambridge-igcse-past-exam-papers/
Find first language English and go to this years exam. The grade boundaries are there for every CIE exam.
Original post by Pedrex
Oh wow that's amazing well done! I Wish i could be as clever as you are:colondollar: . I got all C's and one B. Didn't fail any so im pleased!

That's awesome, congratulations!! Not failing is definitely the way to go. I'm not that clever, but I did a load of cramming which seemed to work :biggrin:.
Original post by Pedrex
Is getting all C's and one B a good result? I look around and people are getting A and are still unhappy. Have i done badly or good guys? I have mixed feelings at the moment!:s-smilie:

Of course it is! It doesn't matter what other people are getting, so long as you are happy with the grades that YOU got. :biggrin:

Even if other people got higher grades than you, your personal achievement in passing in every subject should be commended! :smile:
Original post by ScrewTheExams
****ing hell I'm literally 1 mark off an A in english language and like 3 marks off in Business (I didn't care about business, got C by 1 mark in coursework but a high A in exam, and 37/40 in the first one which is a B lol if i ticked one of the boxes properly i would have 38)
I'm also close in RE and D&T Resistant Materials

and also like 5 marks off an A* in maths because I can't add fractions, solve a simple equation and draw lines on graphs :smile:

I'm 1 mark off an A in Science additional and 2 off an A in Science Core...gutted but overall still pleased with a B
I got:
1 A*
3 A's
5 B's
1 Distinction at BTEC Level 2

I'm quite happy but a bit gutted as I was so close to an A in geography and english language and an A* in chemistry as well as having to do btec business because there was no room left in gcse? So annoying as I could have gotten an A or A* :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5247
I'm so angry!

English Lang - C (one mark off a B)
English Lit - A
Business Studies - B (one mark off an A)
Spanish - C (one mark off a B)
Geography - B
Additional Science - B
Core Science - B
Mathematics - A
Religious Studies - C
Computer Science - B

WTH MAN! EVERYONE HAS As and A*s!

2As, 5Bs, 3Cs
(edited 7 years ago)
Whatever grades anyone got, the effort and work put into all of these exams (especially with so many all at once!) is thoroughly commendable. Well done on getting through exam season, everyone! :biggrin:
Them ones when you're predicted 12A*s but English Lit screws you up by 2 marks so u end up with a sideman A 😪💔
Dissapointed:
3A*s
7As
3Bs
Original post by NiamhM1801
What you think you've got:

Edexcel Maths: A*
Edexcel English Language: A*
Edexcel English Literature: A
Edexcel Religious Studies: A

AQA Geography: A/A*
AQA German: A*
AQA PE: C
AQA Further Maths: A*

OCR 21st Century Biology: A*
OCR 21st Century Chemistry: A*/A
OCR 21st Century Physics: A*

Best Case: 8A*s, 2As and a C
Worst Case: 6A*s, 4As and a C
Realistic: 7A*s, 3As and a C

Predicted grades:

11A*s. I can safely say my teachers must have been high :redface:

What you've actually got:

Guess I'll just have to wait and see...:s-smilie:

How are you feeling about results day?

Fairly confident as I know I've done pretty well, but obviously I'm still quite nervous. The waiting was hard at first but now I don't think think about them that much.

How are you going to open your results?

I'm going to be opening mine at school, just reading them to myself at first but then telling people, although it'll be pretty rubbish as nearly all of my friends are opening theirs at home :colonhash:

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)

I'll be doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics. I might find a way of teaching myself German as well but that's not really a priority.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)

I'd like to, because i really like the videos of people opening the theirs. However I feel like they're better if you record your reaction to opening them, which I won't be able to do. Also the fact I don't have a YouTube channel might be a problem...:tongue: I might film them regardless, even if i don't then put it on YouTube.

What you've actually got:

Edexcel Maths: A*
Edexcel English Language: B (1 UMS off an A :angry:) - I'll be getting this remarked
Edexcel English Literature: B
Edexcel Religious Studies: A

AQA Geography: A*
AQA German: A*
AQA PE: D :frown:
AQA Further Maths: A*

OCR Biology: A*
OCR Chemistry: A*
OCR Physics: A*

7A*s, 1A, 2Bs and a D :smile:
i got 3 A's
5 B's (Including Additional Maths)and
3 C'sWhat are the chances of me getting into a good university(top 20)?
would really appreciate an honest response
(edited 7 years ago)
Completely shocked - got 11 A*s and 1 A. My highest UMS score was in German, which I thought I'd failed, and my A was in English Language, which I thought was a dead cert for A*. My predictions are always wrong but in this case, I'm glad they were!
I feel like my school was the only one who didn't give us the UMS marks. We only got the grades which is really really annoying.
Reply 5255
All my dreams are crush might aswell I start looking for a cleaning job lol my college force us to do foundation GCSE and I am f++ked lol
ignore this
Original post by lozza_X
I feel like my school was the only one who didn't give us the UMS marks. We only got the grades which is really really annoying.

Our school did the same, they gave **** all and just gave us our grades. They are planning to get the whole school remarked which is I guess why they're doing it
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Our school did the same, they gave **** all and just gave us our grades. They are planning to get the whole school remarked which is I guess why they're doing it

Is it so annoying!! Like I want to see how close I was to the next grade, just generally how well I did.

Thanks, I ended up with a C grade (God bless) :u: but I was 1 mark off a B and so my teacher insisted on getting it remarked :redface: I do want a B of course but what if it goes down??? And how will I even know my grade after its been remarked??? So many questions...

Latest