The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glitzmania
But how do u get individual grades for biology chemistry and physics because I have done my core science exam and I still have unit two And three to do

You don't. If you're taking them individually like that, you'll get three grades: one for Core Science (B1/C1/P1), one for Additional Science (B2/C2/P2) and one for Further Additional Science, sometimes known as "Triple", (B3/C3/P3). My previous statement still applies :wink:
Original post by _gcx
You don't. If you're taking them individually like that, you'll get three grades: one for Core Science (B1/C1/P1), one for Additional Science (B2/C2/P2) and one for Further Additional Science, sometimes known as "Triple", (B3/C3/P3). My previous statement still applies :wink:

By why do some people say I got a grade for physics biology and chemistry I thought u get a grade for b1/ b2/b3 and they add all of them up and son on that's how u get a grade
I go back on the 12th September. You're all going back quite early :tongue:
Original post by Itsemziexoxo
I go back on the 12th September. You're all going back quite early :tongue:

The 12th?! Why so late? We get back on the 5th, cause the 1st and 2nd are inset days and then there's the weekend.
By why do some people say I got a grade for physics biology and chemistry I thought u get a grade for b1/ b2/b3 and they add all of them up and son on that's how u get a grade

There are two ways to take triple, by taking mixed science, ie. Core Science (B1/C1/P1), Additional Science (B2/C2/P2) and Further Additional Science (B3, C3, P3), or individual sciences: Biology (B1/B2/B3), Chemistry (C1/C2/C3), Physics (P1/P2/P3). You are taking the former, if you got a grade for Core Science or simply Science, and if you're definitely doing triple.
Original post by _b_e_n_
The 12th?! Why so late? We get back on the 5th, cause the 1st and 2nd are inset days and then there's the weekend.

No idea! My school have always went back around the same time apart from in year 8 when we went back on the 23rd of September (school was getting rebuilt) It'll be quite hard for me though as I come back off holiday 2 days before school starts so I'll have to try and do all my homework before then.
Original post by _gcx
There are two ways to take triple, by taking mixed science, ie. Core Science (B1/C1/P1), Additional Science (B2/C2/P2) and Further Additional Science (B3, C3, P3), or individual sciences: Biology (B1/B2/B3), Chemistry (C1/C2/C3), Physics (P1/P2/P3). You are taking the former, if you got a grade for Core Science or simply Science, and if you're definitely doing triple.

I just done my core science early how do I know which one I am doing
I just done my core science early how do I know which one I am doing

You're doing the former then. Don't worry, I'm sure your teacher will explain! :biggrin:
Hi, my name is Kira and some of my hobbies include: art, playing video games, listening to music and playing with my dog.

The GCSEs that I'm taking are:
English lang (AQA)
English Lit (AQA)
Maths (AQA(I think))
Triple Science (so 3 GCSEs) (Edexcel)
Graphics (AQA(I think))
Art (Not sure)
French (AQA)

My favourite subjects are chemistry, french and art.

I think I'm ready for year 11- I know that if I work hard enough, I'll get there but I'm extremely worried about English lang and lit. I'm in top set at my school but I'm at the lower end of top set. Also, I'm being put in a form that's based on English and maths (I believe it's for my English as I'm really good at maths) and I don't know how to study and improve on it so any pointers or anything like that will help :smile:

My dream job would possibly be a concept designer for video games and films/tv shows.
I'm confused now about triple science. I do triple science which means I do 2 exams for each science; P1,P2,P3 and then P4,P5,P6 and so on for Chem and Bio. Double science students do 3 exams containing P1,B1,C1 and then P2,B2,C2 and P3,B3,C3. I'm with OCR Gateway so might be different to say Edexcel or AQA. 😂
Original post by bimball
I'm confused now about triple science. I do triple science which means I do 2 exams for each science; P1,P2,P3 and then P4,P5,P6 and so on for Chem and Bio. Double science students do 3 exams containing P1,B1,C1 and then P2,B2,C2 and P3,B3,C3. I'm with OCR Gateway so might be different to say Edexcel or AQA. 😂

I do AQA triple science so i do c1 c2 c3 p1 p2 p3 b1 b2 b3 at the end of year 11 and double science you do c1 c2 p1 p2 b1 b2 at the end of year 11 or some at the end of year 10

Ocr has different units
Original post by samaad1
I do AQA triple science so i do c1 c2 c3 p1 p2 p3 b1 b2 b3 at the end of year 11 and double science you do c1 c2 p1 p2 b1 b2 at the end of year 11 or some at the end of year 10

Ocr has different units

How are you finding triple science and what have you covered?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haseeb798
How are you finding triple science and what have you covered?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it' not that bad haven't sat any gcses and havent done physics isa yet but done some mocks predicted chem-A phys-B bio-B
Reply 253
Hi!!!!
Im doing:
Englisn lit
English lang
Maths
French
Triple science
Business studies
History
Geography

I am soooo scared for year 11!!! I speng the whole of year 9 in hospital and i feel like it made me go backwards... I tried to catch up in year 10 but im really aiming for a*s... I really want to do medicine as well but with the new gcses in english and maths i dont think i will get 9's in them...

How are you guys gonna learn quotes from 3 books and 15 poems for english??
And the style of the maths questions is sooo hard!!!!!

Help me!!!!
Original post by N-chicken
Hi!!!!
Im doing:
Englisn lit
English lang
Maths
French
Triple science
Business studies
History
Geography

I am soooo scared for year 11!!! I speng the whole of year 9 in hospital and i feel like it made me go backwards... I tried to catch up in year 10 but im really aiming for a*s... I really want to do medicine as well but with the new gcses in english and maths i dont think i will get 9's in them...

How are you guys gonna learn quotes from 3 books and 15 poems for english??
And the style of the maths questions is sooo hard!!!!!

Help me!!!!

Hi N-chicken!

What is bothering you about the style of questions within the new Maths spec? Do you mean you can't understand the way in which questions are asked? The terminology used? (etc.)
(edited 7 years ago)
But how do u get individual grades for biology chemistry and physics because I have done my core science exam and I still have unit two And three to do

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter

Put in the exam and when it was. Individual grades aren't that important though. It would be better to add up your UMS score, with your coursework UMS Score as well so you get a score out of 400. (4x100 Possible points).

360: A*
320: A
280: B
240: C
200 : D
160 : E
Reply 256
Original post by _gcx
Hi N-chicken!

What is bothering you about the style of questions within the new Maths spec? Do you mean you can't understand the way in which questions are asked? The terminology used? (etc.)

Hi!

They just seem so wordy!!!

English is the worst tho!!! Y is it closed book!!!!
Original post by N-chicken
English is the worst tho!!! Y is it closed book!!!!

Yeah English is def the worst, we need to memorize all the notes and annotations for like 50 poems :frown:
Original post by samaad1
I think it' not that bad haven't sat any gcses and havent done physics isa yet but done some mocks predicted chem-A phys-B bio-B

That's cool. Ive done all my isa and got A in chemistry and physics and A* in Biology. In mocks I got A in chemistry and biology and got A* in physics. Good luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Original post by _b_e_n_
Yeah English is def the worst, we need to memorize all the notes and annotations for like 50 poems :frown:

And 3 books!!!!!! I hate shakespeare!!!

Latest