The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5500
Hi I got C in my maths exam but really needed a grade B I wanted to know how many MARKS I was away from B but on my results paper it only says points which for me is 40 😩😩 can someone help
Original post by s_ovo
Hi I got C in my maths exam but really needed a grade B I wanted to know how many MARKS I was away from B but on my results paper it only says points which for me is 40 😩😩 can someone help

I think the only way to find out your raw marks across both papers for maths is to ask your teacher - they have the exact mark you got in the exam
Same here ! A * everything else. So shocked ! Always an A before
Original post by Faithyxox
Hey guys I did Edexcel maths (H) and got an A, however my results sheet doesn't say the ums points (it's the only subject that doesn't show it), it just says '52 points'. Does anyone know how I can find out what mark I got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 52 points are UCAS points I'm pretty sure! And UMS doesn't exist for Edexcel Maths A I've just been told on a thread I made - but I'm pretty sure you can contact your exam person at your school and they can tell you the marks that you got in each paper.
Does anyone know how to apply for an edexcel remark?
Hi,

In my maths I got a D as I got 128/200 (ums). But how may UMS do u need to get a C in Maths??
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
The papers won't be publicly available for a year, as they'll kept securely on AQA's website so that teachers can use the exams you just sat as mocks for the year below. If someone has posted them then unfortunately I would ask you to report the post, as that's a copyright issue.

The vast majority of university courses only make offers based on three full A level predictions. Your fourth AS doesn't really matter for most subjects, so I wouldn't worry about that :smile:

Argh, that must be frustrating :console: Still, Cs are still passes and good grades :smile: Perhaps sixth form/college can be a fresh start. Maybe reflect on why GCSEs could have gone slightly better, you say you worked hard which is great, but do you think you were using the most efficient revision methods?

Not too late at all, the deadline is 30th September.

I got a D in my maths as I got 128/200 UMS marks but how many UMS do u need for a C?
Original post by TheAnon121
Thanks for the advice. Did you get your A in maths in the end?

Sadly no I discovered I had 137 marks 140 was need :frown:
My options are maths computer science and goverment and politics My schools putting me on trial for maths as I got a B instead of an A any opinions on this combo is it too heavy or ok love to hear feedback ?
Original post by blizza15
im going to be in yr 11 too! what did you acheive this year and what did you study?:biggrin::smile::p:p

I had a C in AQA Core Science overall (with an A, B, C and D), a B in Unit 1: Welsh, a C in Unit 1: I.C.T (but an A as my overall I.C.T grade with A* coursework) and a D in Unit 2: History.

The subjects I study are: English Language & Literature (WJEC), Mathematics (WJEC), Additional Science (AQA), Welsh Second Language (WJEC), Geography (WJEC), I.C.T (WJEC) and History (WJEC).

How about you? Did you get any results this year? What subjects do you study? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yeezyb
I'm in Year 10 so I am in my first GCSE year and I have 6 exams this year. This is what I expect in this year's results day:

What you think you've got:
I have only got 1 more exam left, but apart from that one I think I have done okay/good so far
Predicted grades:
All A* in the Exams I am taking in Year 10 (I'm doing these 6 early)

OCR Science 1 - A*
WJEC Geography - A*
WJEC Welsh - A*
WJEC R.E - A*
WJEC I.C.T - A*

What you've actually got:

OCR Science - A*!
- Module 1 a*
- Module 2 a*
- Coursework a*

WJEC Geography (Spec A) - A*!

WJEC Welsh - A*!
- Unit 1 Exam a*
- Unit 2 Controlled Assessment a*

WJEC Religious Studies (Religion and life experiences) - A*!

WJEC I.C.T - A*!
- Unit 1 Exam a
- Unit 2 Controlled Assessment a*

I GOT WHAT I NEEDED!! ALL A*s!!! BRING ON NEXT YEAR

How are you feeling about results day?
Nervous but excited but mostly nervous, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO FEEL

Just updated my last post with my results. So proud and happy right now, but bring on year 11 now and let's just hope it carries on!
Original post by Pedrex
Oh my..... i wish i was at your sixth form, i have to do 4 but i have no idea what to do for the fourth option!

honestly just have a wide range of subjects for a levels bc it will keep ur options open unless u really know what u r doing. some unis like different areas of subjects so keep that in mind or just look at the preferred a levels for the course online :smile:
I found out my results today and I'm really happy with them!
I did all WJEC exams and got 40/40 in my Spanish listening exam :smile:

English lit - A
English lang - A
Maths - A*
Biology - A
Chemistry - A*
Physics - A
Geography - A*
Spanish - A*
RS - A*
Sociology - B

5 A*'s, 4 A's and 1 B :biggrin:
Reply 5513
Original post by M451
Dreaming: 10A*s + A Further Maths
Wanting after doing the exams: 8A*s, 2As + B FM
Expected: 7A*s, 3As + B FM

I know I'm going to be disappointed to matter what and it's killing me :frown:

Opening results somewhere quiet in school. YouTube: Yeah right, imagine :rolleyes:

In the end I just tore them open in the main hall.

Managed 10A*s an the A in FM so for once, I have nothing to complain about :biggrin:
Original post by Chloetbqh
Did anyone else find that their eng lit
(I did aqa igcse eng lit)
Was marked really 'off' ?
I've been on track for an A in the exam for months , I used to hand my teacher practice essays to mark and they'd end up being low A's before the exam-
I went into the exam, did the exact same structure and wrote the exact same thing as I did in the practice essays (analyzed punctuation, used context etc) and i come out with not a B, which would be different ... BUT A C?!!!!
im absolutely horrified with this result because i know it's not what I deserve , I know English can be subjective so I'm gonna get it remarked. I don't see how it can be a C at all I've honestly never been so confused.

Even if my coursework was moderated down it would probably still stay an A* because it was 48/50 in the first place.

CIE did the same
Original post by Harryhp
Lost y account so had to make a new one. I was crazy surprised with my results I got 10 a*s, 3 a's and 2 b's which were in further maths and general studies a level. Ifound out I didthr best in the schoolsoam crazy happy do you think if I got like 3 as at a level I could do medicine at manchester

Not with Bs at A level.
Original post by RedSquirrels
Woooooooooooo
Got 9A*s, an A^ (further maths) and 2A's (although the school's complaining about the coursework because I and many others got 100% in those exams and then a B in the coursework???? I.e not predicted - but still really happy, and beat my older sister; ka Ching!)

How do you all do further maths A level alongside GCSEs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bod247
Could someone help me out out here are these subjects worth renarking: (All AQA btw)

Statistics 3 UMS off A Grade
Biology (B1 B2 B3) 24 UMS off A* Grade
Physics (P1 P2 P3) 19 UMS off A* Grade
Geography B 3 UMS off A grade

I am not sure if this has happened with anyone else but my Product Design Coursework was marked as an A* but has gone down to a low B. Is this in error? As it can't have gone down to a Low B as it was inputted into the system as an A*. Plus, my exam I done with Product Design is 2 UMS off an A grade. What shall I do?

Fight it
Original post by Theplace
How do you all do further maths A level alongside GCSEs.

It's further maths GCSE.
Original post by bethanyjx
I'm 1 mark off an A in Science additional and 2 off an A in Science Core...gutted but overall still pleased with a B

lol if its 1 mark get it remarked like me

Idk how I got 45 / 80 marks in English language, that's a B by 1 mark in the exam (got A* in coursework) and the lowest i ever got in any mock was 56/80 and that was when I left the entire question 4 out (wrong nothing), which is 16 marks, and didnt od half of question 3, 8 marks.

Here in the exam I finished everything in time, I messed up question 5 quite badly (16 marker) but my other answers were really good for what i wrote before

Latest